Be Careful...

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Re: Be Careful...

Postby dogyak » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Doc , maybe you should read thru this hole trend , then you might think other wise . :huh: . The guy has may many distasteful statements .
dogyak
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:41 pm

dogyak wrote:Doc , maybe you should read thru this hole trend , then you might think other wise . :huh: . The guy has may many distasteful statements .
I did read through the whole thread. I always read through the whole thread.

I'm very thorough.
My occupation demands it.

"Distasteful" statements do not phase me. I look only for the truth.
And the most "distasteful" statements usually contain the most truth.

Michelle, (My GF of 12 years) no longer asks me if a pair of pants makes her ass look fat.
Because, she knows that I'll be completely honest.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:00 am

copterdoc wrote:He might not have class. But, he had a valid point.
How sorry do you feel for the Parent, that loses the Baby, that they left in the car, that they parked in the hot Sun?

I'm glad that the OP testified their experience, to help educate others to avoid making the same mistake.
But, that doesn't automatically convert guilt to innocence.

have a good hard look at that post above...now who gets personal and starts with the name calling????
no one has said innocence is there ...just that it is a crap sandwich any which way you cut and good on jimmy for having the intestinal fortitude to say what happened to try to avoid it happening to others. there is only one poster on here who got out the lynching rope and the others have called him on it to which he took offence and got personal.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby gonehuntin' » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:27 am

Any one they thinks Jimmy was at fault has little practical experience as a hunter. If you think it's easy to diagnose a dog with heat stroke, then you haven't been around many dogs that got it. It's more common for pointing dog trainers to deal with it than lab owners, but put labs in the uplands and you will see it. Some dogs gradually go down, with others it's nearly instant. Depends on the dog.

I've known dog's to go hypothermic, go under and drown, get run over by boats and killed with the prop, get sucked into a pond intake and drown, get run over on a road, drown under an ice shelf on the Snake, land on a log jumping into a pond, rupture a kidney and die, get poisoned, die from a recluse spider bite, die from carbon monoxide in the back of a pickup, and get wrapped up in a choke chain and die before the owner could cut it off.

All of these dog's died, all were accidents, all could be said to be the fault of the owner. Bull Chit. It's a dangerous game we play and accidents are bound to happen no matter how "thorough" the person is. Anyone that thinks different is a hunter "wannabe".
I hate seeing a game bird die of natural causes, unless I naturally cause it.
gonehuntin'
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:48 am

copterdoc wrote:
dogyak wrote:Doc , maybe you should read thru this hole trend , then you might think other wise . :huh: . The guy has may many distasteful statements .
I did read through the whole thread. I always read through the whole thread.

Michelle, (My GF of 12 years) no longer asks me if a pair of pants makes her ass look fat.
Because, she knows that I'll be completely honest.

This is a serious thread, but I got to say Doc's statement is funny.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:28 am

Hopefully this "valid point" you refer to is not one of these gems:

corncob wrote:anyone that does not know you do not hunt labs in the nasty nasty heat of summer shouldnt have a dog!!!

Or
corncob wrote:you killed your dog needlessly andthat make you a huge freaking idiot

Or
corncob wrote:im sorry the dog died hope you dont kill anymore

Personally, the only thing that Corncob said that I really agree with is:
corncob wrote:crap happens and it sucks...
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby Edge » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:31 am

How sorry do you feel for the Parent, that loses the Baby, that they left in the car, that they parked in the hot Sun?

I'm glad that the OP testified their experience, to help educate others to avoid making the same mistake.
But, that doesn't automatically convert guilt to innocence.

The baby in the car is way off base, not even the same ball park. I hunted my dog on the same day in the same heat. He had ice water and shade. I took every precation that I could think of but that is still no gaurantee. These dogs hunt, we don't leave them home if it is hot, or if it's cold, if we did they wouldn't be hunting very often. There is no way Jim could've seen this coming, anyone that thinks that has a crystal ball.
Edge
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Edge wrote:.....The baby in the car is way off base, not even the same ball park.....
It's not in the same ballpark, but it's also not way off base.

The difference is in the penalty. Not in the responsibility or accountability.

When a Human dies, there absolutely WILL be somebody held accountable.
When a dog dies, it's "just a dog".
copterdoc
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Hey doc! Long time, no see. :hi:

How have you been?
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:56 pm

go get the bird wrote:Hey doc! Long time, no see. :hi:

How have you been?
I've been busy.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby Edge » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Doc, you are still missing the point. Jim did everything right, and his dog still died. If you think he loved his dog less than we love our children you are wrong. And speaking for Jim, he could care less about the law, than the loss of his dog. The child in the car is neglect, Jim never negletcted his dog.
Edge
hunter

Postby tubbalowski » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Talk about kicking a guy when he's down. Sorry for your loss, man. Dogs can be hard to read....especially with heat. Unlike cold, it comes on really quickly.
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:04 pm

corncob wrote:
Duck_Popper wrote:
corncob wrote:all of you are made at me? i didnt have anything to do with the dog or his death.
i said i felt sorry for for the dog!!!! and asked if there were any trouble with his health.
i have never lost a dog do to heat,and never will
it just plain irresponsible...
you pillow biters think its fine to run your dog until the dog drops dead?
you guys into dog fighting too"

Wow mind blowing. No reason to take it this far.

just what was too far? me criticizing a mans actions in the death of his dog? or everyone jumping down my back thinking i dont care.
a dog/hunting partner/best friend is dead needlessly.
im truly sorry for that dog. he was a great dog, wanting only to please his master and did it at the cost of his life.
i know what it feels like to loose a favorite dog, happens more then i want to think about.either buy black bear,mountain lion or wild hog. i even lost a pack great hounds that ran into a wolf pack. crap happens and it sucks but this dog here didnt need to die. i never go to the dove fields with less then 3 gallons of water just to keep dogs cooled off.if the vet tells the OP there was an issue with the dog that caused the death and not a needless death due to extreme over heating then i will apologize to the OP, you and the rest of the ding dongs in here the are pissed at me
CORNCOB

I generally stay out of these kinds of conversations, but I feel compelled here to point out that you are a total horses ass. The OP posted this awful experience to help educate us so that others might be aware of the potential risks and to take every precaution to prevent it. We are all listening and appreciate his post and will learn from his experience.
All you are doing is passing judgement and although I'm sure you've never made any mistakes, it would probably be a worthwhile exercise for you to take a step back and have a look at yourself. While you're at it, look up the word 'compassion' in the dictionary and try it out sometime.
I had a german shorthaired pointer that I had out on an early season chukar hunt. She was well conditioned and i had plenty of water in a pack and i stopped frequently to let her drink and 'cool off.' She was a hard charger and went from running full tilt to getting wobbly and collapsing within just a few seconds. Fortunately we were close enough to the truck that I was able to drench her in water and put her in the truck with the A/C on full blast and she pulled through it. I was lucky.

To the OP, so sorry for your loss.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby tubbalowski » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:21 pm

corncob wrote:102 this afternoon in the dove field. my dog is still fine

I'm glad your wife is dealing with the weather well, but wouldn't you like some sympathy if she went down from the heat? This guy just lost his dog. Show some sympathy.
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm

tubbalowski wrote:

I'm glad your wife is dealing with the weather well, but wouldn't you like some sympathy if she went down from the heat?

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby go get the bird » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 pm

tubbalowski wrote:

I'm glad your wife is dealing with the weather well, but wouldn't you like some sympathy if she went down from the heat? This guy just lost his dog. Show some sympathy.

For the sake of humanity, please do not breed. You'll only perpetuate your ignorance, stupidity, and sheer lack of respect. Also, go ahead and give yourself a knuckle sandwich. With the energy you've wasted trying to be clever, I'm sure you're close to starving.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby tubbalowski » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:47 pm

go get the bird wrote:
tubbalowski wrote:

For the sake of humanity, please do not breed. You'll only perpetuate your ignorance, stupidity, and sheer lack of respect. Also, go ahead and give yourself a knuckle sandwich. With the energy you've wasted trying to be clever, I'm sure you're close to starving.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:01 pm

so now who is being hypercritical??????
you cant have it both ways..... either its ok to hunt your dog on a hot day with precautions or doing so makes you an irresponsible owner??????
thus the reason people have jumped on your insensitivity...
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby gonehuntin' » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:16 am

Wow. You're my freakin' hero. :help:
I hate seeing a game bird die of natural causes, unless I naturally cause it.
gonehuntin'
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:32 pm

so what part of my post dont you understand???? :huh:
either it is with PRECAUTIONS or it isnt :huh:
and you still havent clarified your water carrying for 3 or more dogs x 3 gallons each????
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby AKPirate » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 am

Corncob's had one too many :lol3:
AKPirate
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:37 am

corncob wrote:
Elvis Kiwi wrote:

so now who is being hypercritical??????
you cant have it both ways..... either its ok to hunt your dog on a hot day with precautions or doing so makes you an irresponsible owner??????
thus the reason people have jumped on your insensitivity...
yes you can you have to take care of the dog
you all can slap ol Mike Vick on the back here and tell him how sorry you are that he lost his dog and it was all his fault
you guys can piss and moan about me kicking him when he is down all you want, if he learns not to kill his dogs it was all worth it

I'm going to add grammar, punctuation and sentence structure to the long list of things you do not do well. Carry on...
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:01 am

I can't believe I agree with copterdoc :lol3:
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Jarbo03 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:33 am

assateague wrote:I can't believe I agree with copterdoc :lol3:

It was bound to happen eventually, he's made some great points.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 am

corncob wrote:im the only one sticking up for the poor dog here, but im dumb and shouldnt breed. you guys are sooooo funny and hurtfull :sad: :sad:
im a grown ass man with big shoulders keep bringing the pain ladies. the more this stays at the top the better!!!! if you idiots learn how to take care of your dogs it well worth it
someone post up the hurt feelings report for the OP and the rest of the dog lovers here that are right

Taz lasted in the heat also. I also carry tons of water while hunting in heat. There are way too many signs of a dog over heating to keep going. I feel sorry for the dog and the owner, has to be a terrible feeling.
Jarbo03
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting Dog Forum