New Aphis rule

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

New Aphis rule

Postby Dawnsearlylight » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:24 am

This is the latest nightmare from the federal government, and if you sell dogs and are not aware of it, you need to get educated fast. Folks who sell hunting dogs are supposedly exempt, but if you sell any dog as a pet you will be designated as a dealer and subject to compliance, including registration with the USDA and being subject to their regulations, which are an abomination and horribly intrusive. Those of you who think it will not apply to you need to get your heads out of a dark unsanitary place, because this will be administered by the government, and we all know how quickly that can go bad. Also, this is a blatant attempt to regulate all breeding, and is just another step down the proverbial slippery slope.

Because this is a rule and not a law, it is not subject to a Congressional vote. There are organizations fighting this, one of which is SAOVA. The actual rule, Docket No. APHIS-2011-003, is 91 pages long. I have an email that summarizes it, and includes some of the USDA regs for dealers, which are totally counter to the way most of us keep our dogs. If anyone wants a copy, pm me and I will forward it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am damn tired of people who are totally ignorant about the subject at hand telling me how to go about my personal business (lawyers governing the medical profession anyone?). We need to stand up on this one, now, because we all could be the victims of the next rule.
The lab and golden think: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; they must be gods."
The Chesapeake thinks: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; I must be a God."
Dawnsearlylight
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum