What if your dog needs CPR?

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

What if your dog needs CPR?

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:42 pm

Did not see this on here anywhere and thought it would be good for anyone that wants to know. :thumbsup:

http://members.aol.com/henryhbk/acpr.html
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby IBBoykin » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:09 pm

It the theoretical aspect, yes, canine/feline CPR is a good thing to know. However, go and talk to your vet, and ask him how many times it is affective. Every vet I have ever held this conversation with said that they have never been able to bring a dog back once it was gone, even while in the confines of an animal hospital.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:18 pm

Well all i know is in my profession I have done CPR on people more times than I would have like to and yes 75% I knew were not coming back but I did what I had to knowing I did my all.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:51 pm

You have an under 25% chance of reviving a human if CPR is initiated immediately. Dog can't be much better.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Bucky193 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:43 pm

Boy that would suck
If only my dog could talk and cook I wouldn't need a wife.
Bucky193
hunter

Postby zx2dxz » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:15 pm

its good to kno that info, but im sure none of us would ever want to have to do that to our dogs or even think about losing our best hunting pals. Those pals that are ready to go before us, the ones that never say no, the ones that will always stay out that extra couple of mins and the first one to say ill get the duck.....
zx2dxz
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum