Nose issues, potential crisis?

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, swampbilly 1980, captainkevan

Nose issues, potential crisis?

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:55 pm

What is going in with my dogs nose? It has started to get pink splotches under it and over to the side. Should I be concerned?

LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Nose issues, potential crisis?

Postby razorback » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:43 pm

No. Have you been working him lately?
razorback
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:45 pm

razorback wrote:No. Have you been working him lately?

No, I've not worked him in a while. The highs have been in the lower 80s so I've been leaving him outside rather than in the house the last week.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Raves24 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:25 pm

This happens to some dogs as they get older. It also happens in cold winter months and its called "snow nose", but with temps in the 80's i can't imagine that it is that. There is also an imune disorder that causes this, it starts with a "V" and i can't remember the name. It also causes white spots all over a dogs body with it though. If thats not happening i would say it just him getting older. I'm no vet though, so take it for its worth.
Raves24
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:47 pm

For what it's worth my yellow lab's nose goes from black to pink from wear and tear. It's black again now, but by December will be pink.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Tanner01 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:13 am

My yellow lab had a similar thing going on. I was told to switch to a stainless steel food bowl and it would help. Switched and it went back to normal. That was renbyears ago and bit never happened again. Don't know why but it worked.
Tanner01
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:20 am

Tanner01 wrote:My yellow lab had a similar thing going on. I was told to switch to a stainless steel food bowl and it would help. Switched and it went back to normal. That was renbyears ago and bit never happened again. Don't know why but it worked.

I've been feeding out f glass. I'll try that
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Hunting Dog Forum