Koda wearing the GoPro

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Koda wearing the GoPro

Postby mmduncan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Recently got a go pro and decided to strap it to my 4 year old chessie for one of todays set ups. Its a bit shaky but pretty neat to see the dogs point of view. This is Koda running a triple with a breaking bird and a blind under the arc of the go bird.

[/quote][/quote]
HRCH WALKERS PUDDLE JUMPIN KODA "KODA"
SHR DUNCAN'S HAULIN A LIMIT "LIMIT"
BOURBON BAY'S OTHER WOMAN "JOLENE"
mmduncan
hunter

Re: Koda wearing the GoPro

Postby go get the bird » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Pretty sweet, man! :beer:
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Idaho Savage » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:39 pm

That is really, really cool.
Idaho Savage
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 am

pretty neat! That blind and water mark was big dog work!!! :yes: I just cant get past the shaking!! Wish you could see the marks and you giving cast Perfect world would be someone who could video edit with and hand held and the go pro Show marks then dog running.. whistle stop flash to hand held you giving cast then back to dog camera taking cast..
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby Woodies12 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:14 am

That's awesome. Did he even notice the cam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Woodies12
hunter

Postby mmduncan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks fellas. The camera didn't really bother her as I think the camera weight is around 3oz and I had it mounted to a regular flat buckle collar and just cinched it up tight and right behind her ears.

i_willie12 wrote:pretty neat! That blind and water mark was big dog work!!! :yes: I just cant get past the shaking!! Wish you could see the marks and you giving cast Perfect world would be someone who could video edit with and hand held and the go pro Show marks then dog running.. whistle stop flash to hand held you giving cast then back to dog camera taking cast..

Thank you, she's a good girl. But she is a chessie and a female so she is super stubborn and little drive or so they say :lol3: There is lot to the set up that's hard to see by the footage. We were running from on top of a pretty decent size hill. I ranged the water mark at 225yds the middle mark was 185yds the go bird was 28yds and the blind was 285yds angling down and back up a hill and angling ditch at the bottom. The middle bird was the toughest as you can only see half of the arc. As far as the shaking, I don't really know what would help with her being such a hard charger. This was the first run using the GoPro so I'm sure some tweaking will be done. Next time I will make sure to wear a white jacket and try using the black and white ATB's so the marks can be seen. I had streamers on the dokkens but the background was a tough background for me the dog and camera to mark off of. Any suggestions for clearing up the footage I'm all ears. Not sure why the camera didn't pick up the two whistle sits so I'll have to dig into the settings and clear that up as well. I originally picked up the camera to film myself handling the dogs a fix where most issues lie "the handler".
HRCH WALKERS PUDDLE JUMPIN KODA "KODA"
SHR DUNCAN'S HAULIN A LIMIT "LIMIT"
BOURBON BAY'S OTHER WOMAN "JOLENE"
mmduncan
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum