new lab

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, swampbilly 1980, captainkevan

new lab

Postby okshooter » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:28 pm

I just got a new lab from a guy and he has done little with him. i was wondering if anyone here can help me getting started with this dog he is almost a year old and will fetch a little i have one lab that is great and will work all day long this is my first try at working with a dog that i have not had since it was a very young pup any tricks or tips will be appreciated
Please dont just say use and e-collar i want to work with him not zap him till he does what i want him to do also understand that although i use it as a last resort it may be necessary in this situation any suggestions weiil be great
thanks
okshooter
hunter

Postby browndog » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:29 pm

go right back to the basics like you would with a pup and start the training right from scratch you cant skip any steps or your training will suffer hope this helps
browndog
Newb

Postby fred » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:13 pm

go get the tape waterdog by richard a wolters ive been using it to train my pup and it goes step by step from start to finish.i can give you a number to call to order it or you can check your sporting goods store. 1-800-310-4418 hope this helps.
fred harroun
fred
hunter

okie

Postby okshooter » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:06 am

thanks for the info guys
okshooter
hunter

Postby INDO » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:53 pm

TRAIN HIM ALONG WITH YOUR SEASONED DOG YOU WILL BE AMAZED ON HOW FAST THE NEW DOG WILL PICK UP ON THINGS,
DANIEL INDICAVITCH
INDO
Newb

Return to Hunting Dog Forum