Opening Weekend in Cali

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, swampbilly 1980, captainkevan

Opening Weekend in Cali

Postby mikemac » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:25 pm

This is my third season hunting with my AWS. We have used many of the suggestions noted in the Forum and I have to say they have paid off. Thanks to all of you who have provided insight, suggestions and critiques on various issues. Many of us novices are shown the light and it is our job to work towards the light at the end of the tunnel.

My AWS, Jimmy, did wonderfully this weekend. He made several blind retrieves, grabbed ducks underwater trying to swim away, and looked at me with disdain as I missed more ducks than I care to admit. The weather was blue bird with temps in the 80s. Lots of local birds on the refuge. Long walks in the heat of the day wore us out. We are both tired and sore, but what a great start to the new season.

Good hunting and retrieving to all of you.
mikemac
hunter

Re: Opening Weekend in Cali

Postby Duck_Popper » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:49 am

Sorry, but what is an AWS?

Also congrats on the hunt. It is always great to see that first sunrise of the season and realize the season is really here.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum