What brand do you feed your dogs?

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Re: What brand do you feed your dogs?

Postby berudd » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Copper mushroom wrote:First lab pup, vet recommended Nutro Natural Choice or Ultra. I realize this is a subjective question but what are you guys feeding your dogs? Sturm is 9 weeks currently and I want to do this right starting with his food.

Thanks in advance

That's the brand I use for my currently hunting lab, my retired lab and my wife's mutt. They all respond well. I used the puppy formula until six months I think then switch to the adult formula. I currently have her on on the Endurance formula which is 30/20. No complaints.
berudd
hunter

Postby duckdogID » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:18 am

We Feed Grandma Z's super premium Lamb and Veggy. With Samlon oil and have been very pleased. It's a local brand(to Idaho) and the boys have done outstanding on it. Nice thing is its a decent price for a good fed $55 for 35lbs
"The meat dont fry if the lead dont fly" "God only gives us so many sunrises. I don't see any need to miss one of 'em."
:sniper:
duckdogID
hunter

Postby j.digiacomo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:39 am

Rutin wrote:
Dakota Creek wrote:
TCFarmer wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:Pro Plan Performance or whatever they're calling their 30/20 now.

x2

I feed pups Large Breed Puppy formula.

X's 3 on both the Purina Products ..... Performance and Large Breed Puppy

X4

x5 on Pro Plan Performance 30/20. We mix in wet food every once and a while.
j.digiacomo
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Dog Forum