Dog Name That Rhymes With NO

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Dog Name That Rhymes With NO

Postby FNBBear » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 am

I was considering naming my lab pup 'Beau.' My only concern is that it might be a little close to 'No.' Anybody have any experience with this? Will tone and body language mean more to the dog than the actual word?
FNBBear
hunter

Re: Dog Name That Rhymes With NO

Postby ibedamn » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:52 am

My current dogs daddy is named Beau. I've seen this dog hunt and run hunt test. My trainer says he is one of the finest dogs he has ever trained. It has never seemed to be a problem, at least for this dog.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby Deuce22 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:39 am

Won't make a lick of difference.

My dog's release command is "go", she's a DD and on point or to stop and stand still she know's "whoa", and I assure you she know's "NO" as well.
Deuce22
hunter

Postby FNBBear » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks for the replies. Seems to make sense.
FNBBear
hunter

Postby Holeinmywaders » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Probably screws with your mind more than his. I have the same issue with my dog named Jax. Sounds like "back" to me when I am working on blinds.

I will tell you this. If I use a whistle with a pea in it he will not respond the same as the Fox 40 I normally use. In fact I couldn't find his normal whistle but I had one in the car with a pea in it and he would not sit for anything. He generally would just look back at me like "hey thats not my whistle". So I am sure they recognize little changes possibly more than we do.
Holeinmywaders
hunter

Postby EvanKCMO » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:16 am

Meet my Beau. He is now 8 months old and we have had a few setbacks but those are my fault, certainly not from his name. If you like it, go with it :thumbsup:
Attachments
BeauwithDoves.jpg
BeauBumper.jpg
EvanKCMO
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum