Self training?

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, HNTFSH, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Self training?

Postby Max4Holly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Has anybody watched freddy kings new video series on YouTube on training your own dog? Wondering if anybody plans to follow it or, or is currently following it. 27 videos in all using 1 dog from start to finish...
Max4Holly
hunter

Re: Self training?

Postby krazybronco2 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 pm

I have watched it from the beginning and have taken a few things from it. one thing I did like that he did was go farther than what the basic smartworks program goes through into disciplined casting and things like that.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Joetpr » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:04 pm

I have watched quite of few of the videos and used a few of the techniques refreshing my 2 year old lab. Freddy has a good program there in my opinion.

From what I took of the videos. If you puppy at 6 months has retrieving desire and can sit/stay/heel on command then at the one year mark following that program you'll have a good dog.

I'm gonna try out the whole program next year with a black girl and see how it goes.
Joetpr
hunter

Postby Josh11591 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:21 am

I did the force part on the table with my dog just to see how it went and he did great. Freddy King's methods will make a great dog if you follow it well. Go watch the echo videos and you will see how well those dogs were trained.
Josh11591
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum