Season Title and Outstanding job Coastal Empire HRC

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, HNTFSH, swampbilly 1980, hunt-chessies

Season Title and Outstanding job Coastal Empire HRC

Postby dogyak » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Was able to go run my female today at Mossy Pond Retrievers kennel and outfitters . The hunt test was hosted by Coastal Empire HRC . This event was top-notch , food , grounds , and judge's . Thank you Dan Reel . Had 1 more pass to title my little female lab , she pretty much slam both water & land with no problems . Now I can run just finished with both dogs without running all over the place between season and finished . Oh crap , now I'll be getting a young pup ready to run in the spring for a friend . I'm asking for trouble , lol . Again , thank you Coastal . :thumbsup:
dogyak
hunter

Re: Season Title and Outstanding job Coastal Empire HRC

Postby krazybronco2 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:45 pm

awesome job and wish I could have been down there but got to have a dog that knows how to run a water blind.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:55 pm

krazybronco2 wrote:awesome job and wish I could have been down there but got to have a dog that knows how to run a water blind.

Hey Krazy , thanks . Are you using lining drills for water work , just like you would on land . This really helps the dog gain confidence . Use a white pole straight across a water way at first , mark the pile and send the dog on it's name the first time , then dead bird -back . Do this over a couple of days , then without marking pile send like a blind . Next step take pole away and repeat . Then do angle and of course longer land to water / water too longer land blinds . If you can after he nails it without help , move to another pond and waterways . It's a good transition to cold blinds that worked well for me . Hope this helps .
dogyak
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:33 pm

dogyak wrote:
krazybronco2 wrote:awesome job and wish I could have been down there but got to have a dog that knows how to run a water blind.

Hey Krazy , thanks . Are you using lining drills for water work , just like you would on land . This really helps the dog gain confidence . Use a white pole straight across a water way at first , mark the pile and send the dog on it's name the first time , then dead bird -back . Do this over a couple of days , then without marking pile send like a blind . Next step take pole away and repeat . Then do angle and of course longer land to water / water too longer land blinds . If you can after he nails it without help , move to another pond and waterways . It's a good transition to cold blinds that worked well for me . Hope this helps .

she knows kinda what she is doing but does get confused if you want to give a cast cause she thinks she knows where she is going. but I need to work more in water but it takes so long to get to any decent water that the land work has been the main focus when the time changed and sat will be carrying some rocks as much as I don't want to carry them. but we will see she may surprise me and run some blinds and pick birds up who knows but will try and get some water work in during the week in the neighborhood pond if I get time cause it takes a long time to just put a pile of bumpers out (long walk)
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby Rutin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Very nice! Congrats bud :thumbsup:
Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)
Great Ballz of Fire (Maverick)
Rutin
hunter

Postby Rise and Shine Retrievers » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:35 am

Congrats on that Seasoned title! :thumbsup:
Preserve game, use a well trained retriever.
Rise and Shine Retrievers
hunter

Postby dogyak » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks a lot guys !
dogyak
hunter

Postby Esylivin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:16 am

Congrats Dogyak, glad you had a good time. Adding a new seasoned titled is a great bonus. We're starting to make plans for another one in the spring hope you will be attending.
GRHRCH UH Saint Thomas Chief MHR
2011 Spring Grand Title
First Boykin to Pass the Master National (2012)
HRC 2000 Point Club
2010 & 2014 BSS National Open Champion
Esylivin
hunter

Postby dogyak » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Esylivin wrote:Congrats Dogyak, glad you had a good time. Adding a new seasoned titled is a great bonus. We're starting to make plans for another one in the spring hope you will be attending.
Thanks Dan . If you are having the spring hunt test there at Mossy Pond , pretty sure I'll make it . Also I would like to really say thank you for holding back my title ribbon until you guys made sure I went swimming in that cold lake ,lol . Really was a great time :yes: . Oh , and Gumbo won't sit in the mud !
dogyak
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum