Allergy Shots

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Allergy Shots

Postby kwacksmacker40 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:47 pm

After having an allergy test done, we found numerous allergens to my little girl, so I ordered the shots made for her to hopefully make her immuned (vet recommended). I am looking for any experienced insight with these shots. We are at day 10 with 2 shots every other day and It's tough watching the reactions, and I'm hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't heard any success stories as of yet. Anyone here?
kwacksmacker40
hunter

Re: Allergy Shots

Postby berudd » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Are you saying your dog is getting injections that make her hypoallergenic?
berudd
hunter

Postby wraithen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:58 pm

berudd wrote:Are you saying your dog is getting injections that make her hypoallergenic?

hahaha. Wouldn't that be awesome. No. The shots the OP are talking about are basically low doses of whatever the dog is allergic to in order to gradually and in a controlled manner decrease the dogs sensitivity. The dog will be miserable until it builds up the tolerance. people can do the same thing. Guy who owned a bunch of Cobras actually did something similar that barely saved his life when his giant beast of of a cobra bit him.

As to the OP I haven't done it to a dog before but I've heard good results. Just monitor your dog to make sure it isn't a life threatening reaction and know that there should be a light at the end of the tunnel.
Education is important, but common sense is importanter ~ tknight006
wraithen
hunter

Postby berudd » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Gotcha. The original post stated "allergens to my little girl" which an indicated something being allergic to some female of some sort.
berudd
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:32 pm

it will take a long time for it too work for people, but maybe dogs are different it could be you need another vets recommendation.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum