2 questions

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

2 questions

Postby dogs4life » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:00 pm

#1 say when I introduce my dog to gunfire I'm able to shoot over his head a couple of times. So the what? A couple more sessions of that or is he ready?

#2 e collar ff how long does that typically take. I see videos that say a week and then I see some that say 1-2 sessions

Thank u guys
dogs4life
hunter

Re: 2 questions

Postby Irishwhistler » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:57 pm

I smell a troll!

Irishwhistler
"TEAM TRAD" - Pro Staff
DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
Irishwhistler
hunter

Postby TCFarmer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:06 am

dogs4life wrote:#1 say when I introduce my dog to gunfire I'm able to shoot over his head a couple of times. So the what? A couple more sessions of that or is he ready?

I would continue to shoot over him every once in a while. If you hunt with others you may want to add a second gun. Many a dog that have been conditioned to gunfire have an issue when three or four shooters open up on the first flock.

#2 e collar ff how long does that typically take. I see videos that say a week and then I see some that say 1-2 sessions

Thank u guys

It really depends on how good a job you did with FF and how you look at it. If you are just talking about transition from the ear pinch to collar fetch then the transition should not take more than a few sessions.

Remember transitioning from the ear pinch to the collar is just one step in the process.
TCFarmer
hunter

Postby Labs » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:20 am

Irishwhistler wrote:I smell a troll!

Irishwhistler

:lol: YEP...
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum