Samsons Pedigree

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Samsons Pedigree

Postby Duckranger26 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Damns pedigree is in one pic and a bit hard to see and Sires pedigreee is split into two pics
Attachments
shooters pedigree2.jpg
shooter pedigree1.jpg
cocoa pedigree.jpg
Duckranger26
hunter

Re: Samsons Pedigree

Postby Duckranger26 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:35 pm

this was just for anyone who was wondering, definitely not trying to brag or showoff.
Duckranger26
hunter

Postby CatSquirrel » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Ummm....well...I threw birds for Cosmo and Rex. Nice dogs.
Otherwise....pretty vanilla, but I'm sure he'll be a great duck fetcher.
CatSquirrel
hunter

Postby Duckranger26 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:40 pm

[quote="CatSquirrel"]Ummm....well...I threw birds for Cosmo and Rex. Nice dogs.
Otherwise....pretty vanilla, but I'm sure he'll be a great duck fetcher.[/quote

Samson is pretty dark. He seems to have a strong drive for his toy ducks.
Duckranger26
hunter

Postby duckdogID » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:59 am

I have a yellow male Deik out of the Duck busters Cork screw JH
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by duckdogID on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The meat dont fry if the lead dont fly" "God only gives us so many sunrises. I don't see any need to miss one of 'em."
:sniper:
duckdogID
hunter

Postby Duckranger26 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:46 am

duckdogID wrote:I have a yellow male Deik out of the Same stud

Wow! this is exactly what i was hoping for! Where in Idaho are you?
Duckranger26
hunter

Postby duckdogID » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:59 am

Sorry ment your dogs Grandsire is my dogs Sire "Duck buster Cork Screw JH" my dogs Sire.
We are located in Mtn home Idaho
"The meat dont fry if the lead dont fly" "God only gives us so many sunrises. I don't see any need to miss one of 'em."
duckdogID
hunter

Postby Duckranger26 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:02 am

duckdogID wrote:Sorry ment your dogs Grandsire is my dogs Sire "Duck buster Cork Screw JH" my dogs Sire.
We are located in Mtn home Idaho

nice we are in Boise its nice to see Samson's uncle he is a great looking dog! I'm actually looking for the book water dog i see you've talked about it before and it works well?
Duckranger26
hunter

Postby duckdogID » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:15 am

Yep that's the book we used for both our males,I love it makes sense to me when reading it. Both our boys are great waterfowl dog and working for there JH titles.
duckdogID
hunter

Postby Duckranger26 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:27 am

Thats awesome I will be working with duckbusters and the Treasure Valley Hunting Retriever Club to get my boy titled one day.
Duckranger26
hunter

Postby duckdogID » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:54 am

Hunt test are way fun! And Danny is good to work with he helped us evaluate our males to see if they were ready to run test
duckdogID
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Duckranger26 wrote:Thats awesome I will be working with duckbusters and the Treasure Valley Hunting Retriever Club to get my boy titled one day.

That will help greatly. Hopefully duckbusters puts better than a Junior on a Stud dog. They have some decent stud pedigrees.

I'm sure Samson will suit you fine but you should ask when talking to your 'breeder' why they don't have any OFA records (that I could see) on the dam and no working titles in her 3 generation pedigree. Nor were he sire and dam in the OFA (again that I saw). Didn't check back any further.

When you said they encouraged you to breed Ranger (rest his soul) AND released you a pup at 6 weeks the red flags went up. So in looking at Samsons pedigree and what the 'breeder' appears to do (not much investment in a litter) and taking JH as stud, it's pretty hard to see past backyard breeder.

None of that means your dog won't be all you want him to be. It does mean the folks that took your money are on the suspect list. They don't appear to bring anything to the table with their dogs/litters.

What did I miss?
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby duckdogID » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Not defending the breeder...but the stud does have his OFAs this is either a old pedigree or he does have his VIP done which won't allow the OFAs to be shown. Also this is a Duck buster stud but the dam is not owned by duck buster hints the poor pedigree and lack of betterment( health testings/ hunt test)
duckdogID
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:57 pm

duckdogID wrote:Not defending the breeder...but the stud does have his OFAs this is either a old pedigree or he does have his VIP done which won't allow the OFAs to be shown. Also this is a Duck buster stud but the dam is not owned by duck buster hints the poor pedigree and lack of betterment( health testings/ hunt test)

I realized all of that - thank you. They did however allow the breeding of their dog to a bitch that wasn't?

I looked on the OFA site but could have missed. Happy to be proven otherwise.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby duckdogID » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:24 pm

I agree with you on the poor breeding but there is no reason to be little someone's puppy that they are clearly happy with. I would be a little worried about saying the male is breedable before the he proven himself and had the proper testings. I am all for better ment both my males are health tested and working on titles.
duckdogID
hunter

Postby duckdogID » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Here is his results don't really know how you where looking.
http://www.offa.org/results.html?all=SR64386909

So he's OFA HIPS ELBOWS AND CERF
duckdogID
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:49 pm

duckdogID wrote:Here is his results don't really know how you where looking.
http://www.offa.org/results.html?all=SR64386909

So he's OFA HIPS ELBOWS AND CERF

I wasn't talking about the SIRE. Except for the fact I hoped they'd do better than JH titles in their studs but the pedigrees were decent.

Please read my post.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:52 pm

duckdogID wrote:I agree with you on the poor breeding but there is no reason to be little someone's puppy that they are clearly happy with. I would be a little worried about saying the male is breedable before the he proven himself and had the proper testings. I am all for better ment both my males are health tested and working on titles.

Please don't read my post as belittling anything other than possibly the 'breeder'.

It's not as if a pup gets all the genetics from the 'Sire'. At least I hope people know that.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Hunting Dog Forum