Very Best thing about your dog?

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, HNTFSH, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Very Best thing about your dog?

Postby krazybronco2 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Saw this on facebook today but figured I would ask it here.

What is the very best thing about your dog?

my response was when the moment the tail stops wagging and goes dead still as the marks are being thrown. Cause from then till she finishes the last retrieve it is game on.

What you got and doesn't matter what it is jut the very best thing
krazybronco2
hunter

Re: Very Best thing about your dog?

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:46 pm

The extreme excitement I see every day when I get home. It is a mix of happy to see me, ready for food, and pumped to hunt or train.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby click » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:50 pm

To list only one thing is going to be very hard. Honestly I can't tell you my favorite thing about the dog i'm owned by. I assure you though it would be some combination of the the below...

His excitement to see me, his drive and great attitude towards his job. The willingness to learn new things, his ability to teach me humility at the most oppertune moments.LOL :lol3: The 150% percent effort he gives me while working. The look in his eyes when things click (those of you that work dogs 5 days a week know what i mean). The way he just naturally transfered his working attitude to hunting. How i learn more from him than he does from me. I could go on but that would to an entirely different thread.

If i was forced to pick my favorite thing about my guy it would be his love. He loves his family and job to no end, and given the chance i'm sure he would cash in his cards for me or a retrieve if i let him. I hope someday we can understand how out four legged friends work. Until i got timber i could read all the threads about guys had something horrible happen to their dog a not shed a tear, i didn't ever feel it. Now i can't help but tear at all those threads and storys knowing some day one of those stories will be mine.
Matt,
Proudly Owned By A CBR Wildwood's Slow Poke Blue Wing Timber
2014-2015 Season Recovery 100%
Days Hunted 20
2013-2014 Season Recovery 89.5%
Days Hunted 42
click
hunter

Postby Rutin » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:42 pm

Although he's FAR from perfect his will to please is something I cant match. He will literally do ANYTHING to make me happy. The face he makes when he knows I'm not happy lets me know I don't need to even say a word, but I know he will not make the mistake again. Coming home from a 48 hr shift to a dog doing backflips and so excited he could lose himself is awesome in my opinion. His loyalty is unmatchable...... mans best friend!

Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)
Great Ballz of Fire (Maverick)
Rutin
hunter

Postby Spry Yellowdog » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:49 am

My best thing is the Joy and Smiles they give me.
Seeing my young one go from happy go lucky little girl,
To serious game on face when the camo and e collar come out.
Theres just so many ways they make me happy I can't list em all.
Mans best friend with out a doubt.

Spry
With a Dog...You never hunt alone.
Spry Yellowdog
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:05 am

She hunts just about like she trains. I have control even when birds are down. No big surprises, consistency that I have never had. I have dreamed of owning a dog like this. She ain't perfect, but the best I ever had.

ibedamn
hunter

Postby boykinhntr » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:32 pm

I LOVE nothing more than watching him hunt up a cripple on a blind. He gets after it and watching his natural instincts kick in is a lot of fun. I literally enjoy every retrieve.

boykinhntr
hunter

Postby MidMo35 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:52 pm

My boy goose greets me everyday when I get back from work. Just say lets go hunting or start loading the truck he goes nuts. About the most favorite thing with my dog is the way he is able to his nose in the field and find about any bird in any kind of low water or field situation. Love watching a good dog work. I'd rather watch him work and let everybody shoot limits. That always makes me a proud dog owner
MidMo35
hunter

Postby duckdogID » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:10 am

Mine would have to be the Love they have for the hunt its just as much if not more than my own. Best hunting partners I could have ever ask for. Theres something about the drive of a good dog that just amazes me. No matter if its Ducks/Pheasants/sheds or training they are happy and ready to go!
Attachments
Deik 12.21.13.jpg
Gage with limit.jpg
"The meat dont fry if the lead dont fly" "God only gives us so many sunrises. I don't see any need to miss one of 'em."
:sniper:
duckdogID
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum