Puppy training info

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Puppy training info

Postby ChasinTail » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:53 pm

What are one good early training DVDs or books? Or even better some free detailed info online. I've been reading over the post in the Stickied threads but I feel I need more.

Picked up a lab puppy for free so who knows if she's even got the drive in her for it. It'll be my first time training. I've got a buddy who's got a 6mo old pup that he's training and doing great. He'll show me some stuff. What do you all think? Think I can make her into a retriever?

Btw I picked her up yesterday, she's 6 and a half weeks old. Read the thread about the 6 week old yellow lab and Learned the negatives of her being so young so I called and I'm taking her back tomorrow and letting her stay for another 3 weeks. They still have two pups left that they're keeping that she can socialize with.
ChasinTail
hunter

Re: Puppy training info

Postby tpd5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:01 am

I highly recommend Bill Hillmanns training a retriever puppy DVD. Worked wonders with my dog.
tpd5
hunter

Re: Puppy training info

Postby cn44 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:13 am

X2 on the Hillmann puppy DVD. However, if you don't want to spend that, you can't go wrong with Sound Beginnings by Jackie Mertens.
cn44
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum