Report from the Trainer

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Report from the Trainer

Postby Duck_Popper » Fri May 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Hey Fellas!! She is doing great. She has matured 10 fold. She is such a calm dog, but when I grab the collars and leash she knows its go time. I have mastered the whistle recognition and have completed the pile work. I am able to stop her on the whistle on the way in or the way out. I don't do it every time or even every other because I do not want her to "pop". She will be a Hunt Test dog so everything I do is not only for the blind but also for tests. Looking back and reading this thread it is such a roller coaster ride. Just reading it back I felt like I was on the Tower of Terror at California Adventure. Up,down,up,down. Hahha

I realized I did not put nearly as much of our photos up as I would have liked. I don't remember the exact tally for her season. I may have mentioned it somewhere on here. But she was part of 1 solo limit of ducks. 3 one day, 1 her first day and season closer I think we bagged 6 and 1 spec. Now once season ended I wanted her to work for some birds and upland...... Kept her on a 30ft lead and she quarter extremely well after she got the hang of it. For the 8 times we went out she kicked up 55 birds. I have been in talks with the trainer and Teal is going to go back in for 2 months. She should come out finished. With as far as I got her her since I have had her helps a lot. The trainer is in Oregon right now and she dropped her prices to compete out there so I said heck with it, I want my girl to be a rockstar, so have the trainer finish her. Then when I get her back I will have 2 months to get her in all the tests I can. (If she does not go in heat by then).

Teal is 11 months now and probably 72lbs.

Here are some pics that I wish I had posted of the season and also THE SHINNING STAR IN BOTH MY GIRLS EYES.

Of course our season video as well which features Teal a few times and our blind partners dog Tribb. (Who breaks every time)
Last edited by Duck_Popper on Sat May 24, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Re: Report from the Trainer

Postby Duck_Popper » Fri May 23, 2014 11:49 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Duck_Popper » Fri May 23, 2014 11:52 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Duck_Popper » Fri May 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Sat May 24, 2014 12:16 am

DP - Thanks for the big response! You have done an outstanding job with her. I can only hope my experience goes half as well. The pictures are just awesome with your family and Teal. I also have a young one at home and I cannot wait to have a companion for all of us. Most importantly I can't wait to have a dog that can grab my ducks, be a friend when the wife is just going bat crap crazy, and teach my son the compassion and love for animals that I grew up with.

I look forward to see your field trial runs soon. Enjoy that beautiful girl of yours!

Cheers

-RR4L
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Report from the Trainer

Postby Duck_Popper » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 pm

RR4L never got around to posting any videos. Thought I would stop by and say hello from Teal, Family, and I.

Went out to a folsom lake this morning and it was a cool 76 degrees. We had some fun and got out of there before the heat. We were doing some water doubles. Hard for her and I to concentrate with my daughter yelling commands. My wife driving a remote control monster truck and people driving in the sand behind us. However it is good practice. Hope all is well. Teal is doing great.

http://youtu.be/KjJ4NHP0_LM

Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:41 pm

DP - She looks like a great hunting partner. Keep up the good work! I got to see the litter of puppies today and they are two weeks old. I go back on August 23rd to make first pick and then go back two weeks later to pick her up. So excited and anxious.

I'll put up a pic when I get her home.

Cheers.

RR4L
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Postby Duck_Popper » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:20 pm

crap just got real boys!!!! She did it. Image

Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Congratulations!

And BTW, that's a BIG girl you have there!
copterdoc
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:49 am

dude that is awesome! congrats!
JD
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Dog Forum