Collar condition

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Collar condition

Postby Slayducks » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm following duck dog basics collar condition and he uses nicks for heel and if the dog gets out of okave when he commands here he will nick and that's it. I was wondering if I could throw in collar condition for heel AND here. If I do would the here be nicks or continuous since the heel is nicks? Or If I did both nick and continuous would it confuse the dog?
Slayducks
Newb

Re: Collar condition

Postby Duckdon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:29 pm

like I said over on RTF
You would do well to get with a local training club and get some hands on help. It really will help you understand if you get with the right guy.
Don
Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
Duckdon
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Why do you have a new user name? As many collar questions as you have asked, if you don't know the answer you have not followed any hallowed advise about learning how to train with one correctly.

Are you training other peoples dogs? You've asked about 3 dogs all under 14 months or so.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Griffdom » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Don't know if you have ever been here or not, but it is good to see you are willing to ask questions. I think that as long as your consistent either one (continuous or momentary) will work.
Griffdom
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum