munsterlanders

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

munsterlanders

Postby metsen duts » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:28 pm

i was looking into getting a dog and was wondering if anyone had an experience with large munsterlanders, from what i have read online they seem to be promising hunters but much of that was on kennel sites and if your in the business of selling dogs of course they are going to be the best dog around.

any info would be much appreciated
metsen duts
hunter

Re: munsterlanders

Postby Griffdom » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:55 pm

Don't know if you will get much help here. I would recommend you ask your question over on versatiledogs.com. There are a lot of versatile breed owners over there. It seems to me that the breed club is just getting off the ground. I would guess that your likely to get a good dog as most of them are not more than a few generations from Germany and the breeders here generally test in navhda to keep the versatile traits bred in. You might also check out the deuetch Langhaar (aka German longhair pointer) if you like the Large Munster. There is a breeder of DL that I would not hesitate to get one from. Her dogs generally test very well in NAVHDA and the German system.
Griffdom
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:54 am

There's a couple threads if you do a search under the main forum search box. But Griff's idea is best.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby metsen duts » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:08 pm

thanks for the input griff
metsen duts
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum