Einstein e-collar

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, swampbilly 1980, captainkevan

Einstein e-collar

Postby Duck Hunter 17 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:02 pm

This is my first post so I apologize in advance if I miss something. In the near future I will be looking for an e-collar. I can find a lot of info on Tri-tronics and dogtra so I'm pretty good on those and various other popular models. However I've read a couple posts on Einstein and I'm interested if anyone has experience with their 800 or 1200 models specifically for a lab. I haven't been able to find much on them. Thanks for your help your forums have been a great help on other subjects.
Duck Hunter 17
hunter

Re: Einstein e-collar

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Duck Hunter 17 wrote: I haven't been able to find much on them.

Probably for good reason.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Duck Hunter 17 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:23 pm

What I have read is good. Just thought they maybe new to the market and since they were made in the USA, I was considering them
Duck Hunter 17
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:33 pm

There are only two brands of E-collar that are proven performers. Tri-Tronics, and Dogtra.

I have been very happy with TT collars.
But, I'm a little worried about the direction that Garmin is taking them, since the buyout.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby Duck Hunter 17 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:08 pm

If it wasn't for the the buyout I would get the TT . Just saw the einstien and wanted to know the good or bad. I so far what I find is good but very limited even more so with labs which makes me nervous.
Duck Hunter 17
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:15 pm

I'd still go with TT.

They made em' way better than they needed to be made. I've got a Pro-500xl that still runs like a champ.

The only thing to worry about with the already proven collars, is that the batteries will eventually fail.
But, if you know how to solder and read specs, you'll be able to find cells that you can make work.

Stay away from the G2 series though. The ones made before and after that series are perfectly fine.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:16 am

Duck Hunter 17 wrote:What I have read is good. Just thought they maybe new to the market and since they were made in the USA, I was considering them

I don't think the transmitter style/ergonomics would work for any type of serious or ongoing training. And from what I saw, they are ASSEMBLED, not made, in the US. There's a big difference. Dogtra and TT are your best choice IMO.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby dogyak » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:49 am

HNTFSH wrote:
Duck Hunter 17 wrote:What I have read is good. Just thought they maybe new to the market and since they were made in the USA, I was considering them

I don't think the transmitter style/ergonomics would work for any type of serious or ongoing training. And from what I saw, they are ASSEMBLED, not made, in the US. There's a big difference. Dogtra and TT are your best choice IMO.

I approved this message from HNTFSH :yes:
dogyak
hunter

Postby wraithen » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:01 pm

I dont take too much stock on people bashing the everything but tt and dogtra. Plenty of people have had bad experiences with the sportdog models. The einstein line is made by defectors from one of the two brands that everyone is psycho for. You wont get much decent feedback about them here since not many have used anything but a tt or dogtra recently. For a single dog I have heard einsteins are great. The hockey puck is apparently really ergonomic and feels good in most peoples hands. Go to RTF if you want to read up about them. Thats where I got most of my info about them.
Education is important, but common sense is importanter ~ tknight006
wraithen
hunter

Postby Tyler Radke » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:57 pm

I have the 1200 model I use for my two labs. Works great so far. 100 stimulation levels with a +25 hot button and a vibe button. Collar also has an led light on it you can turn on with the transmitter. And they are made literaly down the road from my house so if I ever so have a problem I should get immediate support.
Tyler Radke
hunter

Postby Duck Hunter 17 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up on RTF they had some good information to digest. So far I've found anyone who has used them has had nothing but good things to say about them. I have yet to find a negative comment from anyone who has used them. It was also interesting to know that it was a Dogtra defector that started the company. Also no offense but regarding the assembled vs made in the US they are still American jobs. It would be hard to find components for anything electrical not made outside of the US.
Duck Hunter 17
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:04 am

Product alliance on collars is somewhat like asking what's better Beretta or Browning, Ford or Chevy. So that is one phenom.

As far as RTF, there are a lot of Show women on their that discuss Labradors. Do you know who backed the product cause they bought it? Might there be any different application? Honest question. Personally I believe the hockey puck would drive me nuts. As would driving a VW bug.

I generally find Assembled in America to be a cheap ploy at adverting. Not always but usually. Like the OP, many take that and weaved it into MADE in America which is not true. That is what they want people to 'assume' hence why they do it. I think that's a bit underhanded and is marketing speak for certain.

Back to 'opinion' guess you'll find thousands willing to attest to a TT or Dogtra and a handful to the new design of the Einstein. Which gives you more confidence for your money?

Incidentally (and again pure opinion) I choose less settings. Some do like overthinking intensity but I feel that's all it is.
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Hunting Dog Forum