Another Bladder Infection

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Another Bladder Infection

Postby BlkonBlkRS3 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:37 pm

My chocolate female pup has yet another bladder/urinary tract infection. This will be her 3rd infection at only 6 months old. The first two were when she was a pup and it was really one infection that took 2 rounds of antibiotics and ph reducer to clear up. This time when I took her in the vet also found her anal sacs to be full. She had been licking back there quite a bit to try and relieve the pressure. I think she may have induced the infection on her own with all of the licking. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

I have never had an issue with anal glands in labs before. Taking her back tomorrow morning for quick urine test, sample to grow culture, and x-ray to rule out bladder stones. Thank God I live in the country and my vet is reasonable.
BlkonBlkRS3
hunter

Re: Another Bladder Infection

Postby cominahead » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:54 pm

my 4 month old choc female has same thing. my vet called it puppy vaginitis. said make clear up by 6 months or may take till she hits her first cycle. we too have tried 2 rds of antibiotic and a probiotic powder supplement. none of which worked. im all ears to any advice thanks guys
cominahead
hunter

Re: Another Bladder Infection

Postby HNTFSH » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:09 pm

These threads always remind me of the ardent anti male threads because they pee on things. Good luck, I think females take more effort on these things.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Return to Hunting Dog Forum