Duck Hunting Forum banner

Lucy got a derby JAM

835 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  labsforme 
#1 ·
On our third try, we finally brought home a ribbon.

The weekend didn't start good. 4th dog to run the 1st series, watched the memory bird go down and the gunners missed the flier. Judge called no bird and sent me back three dogs.

Come back to the line, watch the memory go down, fliers goes up turns around and lands behind the gunners. Judge calls no bird and Lucy started down the hill, I was able to get her back pretty quick. One judge said go back three dogs, other judge says six, marshal tells me come back and run last. So I loaded up went down the road and did some ob.

Third trip to the mat she got two good marks and stepped on both of them.

We had good marks in the other three series.

#6 ·
Good for you and Lucy. It's an accomplishment to finish a stake today. One thing to keep in mind about young dogs is they get real loose in running back to back stakes. Be prepared to make a donation to the club if she starts cheating. Been there done that. Glacier aged out in Jan and ran her first Qual in Feb .She was being naughty on her water blind and we picked up instead of letting her get away with stuff. She JAMed the next one. She'll be back up here in June. See you there.

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.