PSA... Dogs and fireworks!

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, HNTFSH, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

PSA... Dogs and fireworks!

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Every year it seems someone will get on here and say "crap my dog is scared Sh*tless now due to fireworks.." etc... Keep your dogs in mind over this weekend!! Keep them in house, be aware of your dogs pen and when you shot of fireworks... A little planning will go along ways!!!

Worse story i remember over the years was a guy left his dog in a wire kennel at camp site and went into town.... While gone punk kids were shooting bottle rockets at it in the crate for like 30 minutes before someone stopped them! :mad:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Re: PSA... Dogs and fireworks!

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:29 pm

They were talking about the same on the radio today. The angle was all the 'pets' they collect at the shelter who 'rin-off' scared to death when folks take them to fireworks shows.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Re: PSA... Dogs and fireworks!

Postby RCLCJR » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:04 pm

When my dog was about 5 months old I had him at the lake with us and assumed that fireworks wouldn't be a big deal since he wasn't scared of anything. Well, I was wrong. The bang isn't what got him, it's the take off that he headed for the hills from. He took off so fast I couldn't grab him, luckily he ran around the house and jumped in the bed of my truck. From then on, no more fireworks around him.
RCLCJR
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum