Wounded Warrior Dog

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Wounded Warrior Dog

Postby mmduncan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Ok everyone, we are asking for your help to hopefully make a small difference. We are now accepting nominations to determine who will be the recipient of the wounded warrior dog that we are training. We have a very nice yellow male pup that has been donated by a very reputable breeder. He will be placed on our truck, put through our gun dog program and then given to a very deserving wounded warrior. This will be done at zero expense the recipient. What we are asking of you is if you know of a wounded warrior that could benefit from a new companion and a trained retriever please contact us with their info. We need the following:

Name, Location, contact info and a short bio to tell us about the warrior that you are nominating and why you are nominating them.

To ensure that we place the dog with a warrior that he will serve best we ask that the person you nominate is a waterfowl hunter or interested in becoming involved in hunt tests.

For those making nominations please send info to us here or email mattduncan8282@gmail.com if you have any questions you can call Matt directly at 317-534-7380.

Thanks Everyone and please feel free to share this or post this info elsewhere.
HRCH WALKERS PUDDLE JUMPIN KODA "KODA"
SHR DUNCAN'S HAULIN A LIMIT "LIMIT"
BOURBON BAY'S OTHER WOMAN "JOLENE"
mmduncan
hunter

Wounded Warrior Dog

Postby kkelly » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Wow. What an awesome opportunity you guys have to make a difference in someone's life. I don't know any wounded warriors personally but I know a guy who might. Give Tron peterson of Peterson outdoors (missouri) a call. They specialize in wounded warrior hunts and would know quite a few I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kkelly
hunter

Re: Wounded Warrior Dog

Postby DCronk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:29 am

Wow what an awesome gesture. Somebody will be very fortunate :thumbsup:
DCronk
hunter

Postby band_blaster » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Email sent ! Also if you can't find anyone I'm a member of the Santa Margarita River chapter of the CWA California Waterfowl Association. Our chapter focuses on getting wounded warriors and Purple Heart recipients out in the blind. Here's a little video from our last few years hunts. These are completely free to the Wounded Warriors/ Purple Hearts. Our dinner is actually coming up on the 26th of July. Here's the video
http://youtu.be/ETMSjtG2BhI
(Stole this idea fromBamaHoyt)Thanks guy!
Mottleds-
Mallards/Hyrbrids-2
Blue wings-
Green wings-
Wood Ducks-
Whistlers-
Hooded Mergansers-
Ring Necks-
Pintails-2
Shovelers-
band_blaster
hunter

Postby Tim Terrell » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Good on you Matt. What a wonderful gesture.
--Tim
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:56 pm

That's just awesome! Good on ya!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dgram36
hunter

Postby strutlife » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:51 pm

I served 1987-1995. Deployed to Desert Shield/Storm with 1st Calvary Division. Am combat wounded. Would love an opportunity to receive this pup. I have 3 labs already and would love a good gun dog.
strutlife
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum