** New Winger **

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

** New Winger **

Postby cooter » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:50 am

I just got a New Winger in the other day. http://www.fclaunchers.com/index.html I have always used Zinger Wingers, but saw this one, and it looked like it was constructed just as well as the Zingers, but about $100 less $$$$. :yes:

I don't scrimp on Quality when it comes to my training stuff, but I am BIG on "The Same or More Quality for Less $$$$". So far this winger is ROCK"N. It's just a little heavier than the Zinger, but is more sturdy when set up, and the one I have is humping mallards about another 7'-10' higher.

For some of you guys that have said it a tough to find help to train with, here is where I started. I bought a winger ever so often w/electronics, and working by myself is not a problem anymore.

I was paying about $40 to have a Zinger shipped to me, but I talked with the owner and he spit the difference with me on shipping. If it might be something that you are interested in. Talk to Jeremy (owner) and ask him if you could work the deal he worked on shipping with (Keith in Texas). It will save you about another $20.

Just thought I would give you a heads up on a new product that is a much higher quality than some of the cheaper ones out. cooter
member of: Team GREEN
cooter
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:46 am

:getdown:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:27 pm

Quackcephus wrote::getdown:

i can tell someone is excited......
:mrgreen:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby cooter » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:02 am

Yeah,

These things keep Quack :help: from standing out in the field (@100 degrees), blowing a duck call, firing a Blank Pistol, and throwing ducks in the air.

Now, we stand under the shade (with Something Cold in our hand), and line up the dog. With a push of a button the winger blows a duck call, fires a Blank Pistol, and throws ducks in the air. :thumbsup: Ye Ole Single Trainers Life Saver ! ! ! ! cooter
cooter
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:20 am

wow! those things do all of that, that is pretty cool. I went on their site. for the $360 something, you still have to buy the remote right? Arn't the remotes around $300. I have looked into the launchers with 6 dummies, and that was how they were. You spend 1k on the launcher and another 3 bills or so on the remote. I am sure it is worth it to make up for a training partner.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby cooter » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:33 pm

I would haft to check and see just what the pricing is. It says $395 with Electronic release. But then I figure you haft to buy the receiver & remote.

I sell the Dogtra Releases, and I would haft to see what they cost. But you buy a remote & Receiver the first time, and then JUST the receiver after that. Your remote will activate 6 winger.

I have 3 wingers, and a Max 5000 with Dogtra Receivers on them, and 1 remote will activate all 4 with room for 2 more.

I like the wingers better than the bumper throwers. You really just get reps off of the throwers, due to they are coming from the same place. The dog sees 6 bumper come form the exact same place, and hit in the same spot, so they are really get to learning the the mark, instead of improving their marking. I don't like the dog running the sae mark 2 times.

But I started off buying a remote/receiver & a winger to start with. Then I bought a second winger when a got a little more money. So, then I could set 2 different MARKS, with different ranges and looks. I would run the dog on 2 singles and then put up the dog. While he was in the create, I would go and move & reload the 2 wingers. Then run the dog on 2 different marks. Some time it means just turning the winger so it threw the duck the oppisite to what I threw the mark before, but it was a change of the look for the dogs. PLUS, when I get off the FF table, I like all my work in the field to be with ducks. So I mainly use my Max 5000 for working younger dogs (before FF).

Let me know if it may be something that you be interested in. I can get you into Dogtra anything cheaper than you can get it else where (Duck Hunting Chat Discount). :thumbsup: Then I am buddies with the guy that is building this new winger, and I know I can save ya $20-$25 right off the top for shipping. Then just add one when you could. Once you worked into 2, you would have unlimited possiblities. Then with 3, youcould really get after it. With mine, I usually set up a short double, followed by a long single. But it is just something that you work at a little at a time (1@ A Time) and in a year or 2 you have the equipment to work all the dogs the rest of you life. Just replace the rubbers @ $20, and the winger are ready for you next dog. cooter
cooter
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:56 pm

Thanks cooter. I am very interested in those. one question. How hard/easy are they to set up? I don't have land of my own, and would be setting them up at a retriever club, roughly 100acres of ponds and other terrain. are these something that you yourself take down at the end of every training day and set up again the next day? Or is this something that sets up in your field for several days.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby cooter » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:39 am

I set them up and take them down each day, matter of fact. I ove them 3-5 times in a training session. They just fold up like a folding chair and become flat, then move to new location and spread their legs (will come and demostrate if your girlfriend has a sister). :cool: :laughing:

Just kidding, but they can be set up, loaded and ready to roll in 60 seconds. Tear down is the same. I have a Live Bird Pouch on 1 of mine. You can put a live Pigeon/Duck in the pouch, I have a short cord with a loop that I put my foot in, that hooks up to the trigger. Load the winger, put the loop around your foot, get you gun ready, and now you don't need a second man to throw live birds. Pull the trigger with you foot, and make sure you don't miss. :cool: So 1 man can do the throwing of live birds in the field, instead of needing 2, like normal.

The dogtra Receiver has a Locater Sound (Duck Call/Buzzer) your choice, then the winger will fire a 209 Primer when you release the trigger. Many Training Groups are going to these, which allows for more guys to hang together exchanging info and ideas on what they see each others dog do, at the exact time they (dog) do it.

Several years ago when I worked with a training group we might have 5-6 there working dogs, but 3 was always in the field. Now, when I have a Training EDay, if I have 5-6 guys there we are all standing together watching each others dog. I have 3 wingers, so we run different single, a double with a long single, a triple, or anything that you can come up with to run. But when a do make a mistake, there are 5-6 of us standing right there to discuss our thoughts, instead of 2, and 3 in the field.

Just some thoughts, let me know if I can help you with anything. Information, Ideas, Opinion or Equipment. I'll see what I can do to help. Goes for any of ya. cooter
cooter
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:42 pm

Cooter, i know you get what you pay for, but have a look at these and give me some opinions on them. I do a lot of training at a resivoure that is walk in only and these would be handy if you think they could work. Obviously they work for this person. Also a little info on my M.O. I like to build as much stuff as i can on my own. I make a lot of my own stuff for the duck blind, so this would be awesome. I also don't like waisting money, so if it's a waist, i would much rather buy the real deal.

http://refugeforums.com/refuge/showthre ... e+launcher

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby cooter » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:54 am

They are basically the same thing. I saw them talk and many of the guys say they are working for them. I think they would be fine.

Probably is of the quality as the others, which will probably cost in height, ark, and diostance of throw. But when you factor in the cost, I hear exactly what you saying. cooter
cooter
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum