Duck Hunting Forum banner

working dog photo's put them up

626K views 6K replies 793 participants last post by  Rick Hall 
#1 ·
Just a few pics of my hunting companion hank :rofl:

See less See more
#5 ·
That is a good looking dawg!

I know you didn't ask, but that vest is so big, it isn't doing your dawg any good.

A neoprene vest needs to fit so tight, that water can't flow between it and the dog's skin while the dog is swimming. It needs to trap water, just like the insulation in your coat traps air. If you don't believe me, try taking a dip in a wetsuit that is two sizes too big for you.

#6 ·

Moose learning a little lesson about life.

The Master, the late Rex Carr on a summer morning at CL-2. My old dog truck in the background.

My friends and former clients with FC-AFC Trumarc's Too Hot to Handle (Lucy - deceased) with some of her ribbons. She was also a former #3 on the National Derby list, 2-time Double Header winner, and a National Am. Finalist.

EvanG

#13 ·
Not exactly "Working pictures" but here are a couple of Boomer from yesterday and today.

This one he's watching a flock of about 75 mallards roosted on the Chippewa River backwaters yesterday and wondering why he couldn't go get one of them.

Here's the look I got this morning when I told him it was too cold to go out for a walk. The wind chill was nearing -30.

#21 ·
gonehuntin' said:
That picture of the pheasant before it takes to the air is absolutely outstanding! How the heck did you get close enough to lay that feather on it's back?? :lol:
Thanks GH...lol...I think Knothead was a little worked up trying to taste that Rooster. About a 1/2 hour before he put up a hen and as I watched it fly away, didn't notice he was working a second bird - 30 feet away. Needless to say - that one was a Rooster and when it flushed I stood there with my putz and gun in my hands and watched them both fly off. :rolleyes:

#23 ·
Darn close guess.
twenty five inches. Biggest I've got I think. We worked a swale and nothing was in it. About 50 yards further was an old irrigation ditch. We came up the ditch and the dog pointed two hens. She went about 20' further and pointed again. It was that rooster. Surprised the heck out of me that he didn't flush with the two hens.

#26 ·
gonehuntin' said:
Darn close guess.
twenty five inches. Biggest I've got I think. We worked a swale and nothing was in it. About 50 yards further was an old irrigation ditch. We came up the ditch and the dog pointed two hens. She went about 20' further and pointed again. It was that rooster. Surprised the heck out of me that he didn't flush with the two hens.
25 inches - that's fantastic! I am stuck on 24" and man...those inches sure get hard to come by after that. :rolleyes:

Glad YOU were paying attention in a similar situation with the hens. :yes: :thumbsup: