Proud Papa

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Proud Papa

Postby cmelik10 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:32 am

Last night my roomates and I decided to take full advantage of the changing weather so we took out for a evening hunt. This was my pups third hunt and she made me so proud. We had a flock of teal come flying in and one of my roomates took a very long shot(about 60yards, he got alittle excited) and winged a bird. In the mean time my two other roomates were shooting at a different flock, my pup never took her eyes off the fall of the first bird I was very proud of her for that since she has seen only a couple of doubles in her life I wasn't expecting her to be able to mark multiple birds. I noticed that the bird that she was locked in on wasn't dead so I called a cease fire and sent my pup after the live bird. She took off like she was shot out of a cannon after the bird. When she got to it the bird dove and instead of coming in because there was no birds there she stayed and circled waiting for the bird to resurface. When it did she grabbed it perfectly and came back. She has never seen a live bird before like that, everything that she has had to retrieve has been dead. I have never been so proud of her in my life...now if I can only get a hold of her whinning problem when we miss I will be in great shape.

Scott
cmelik10
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:09 am

that's pretty sweet. sounds like you got a natural! Congrats to you and your pup.
harvey1b
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum