Duck Hunting Forum banner

Thought I'd Say Howdy.

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Fowlercon 
#1 ·
I've been known for a few years in the cyberworld as Nevada Jim. I'm 63 years old and have raised, trained and loved gun dawgs for almost 50 years. My first 6 were pointing breeds, dawgs # 7 & 8 are Yellow Labs.

My wife Carol is a duck and upland hunter, and loves training the dawgs.
We retired to N TX where we built a home on 132 acres and put in 5 dawg training - duck shooting ponds.

Cappy is a 6-1/2 year old male and the apple of his Daddy's eye. Not only the best overall gun dawg I've ever owned, obviously a best buddy too.

Remi is our yellow female that just turned a year old. Here she is on her first live mallard retrieve ...

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah KC ... That was one of the FEW benefits my old job had before retiring. The boss was really cheap. I often didn't get paid. In addition to working 60 hours a week or more in the office, I also had to play janitor and a host of other unpaid positions.

If I could say anything nice about the boss at all, I guess his good part was he let my wife work there too, I was allowed to dress very casually, bring my dawgs into the office, and he let my wife and me take time off together almost every Friday during season for a long duck hunting weekend.

Here's a pic of Carol on a Friday morning "work day" last november ...

Oppps, I almost forgot ... I owned the company. :laughing:

#10 ·
:welcome: Hope you stick around and get your wife to join the other ladies here could always use some more comradery. BTH great looking dawgs :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.