sizing a dog vest?

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

sizing a dog vest?

Postby harvey1b » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:07 am

nice looking pups fellas. how do you size your dogs vest? My dog is a large framed british lab. she has a huge chest, but is rather short in the body. She tips the scales right aroung 80 lbs so she isn't a giant. I took her into Sportsman's Warehouse to size her up and the XXL was the smallest I could get to close around her chest. the rest of it was baggy and didn't fit at all. maybe the one in Sportman's just isn't the right dimensions. If anyone has a brand that works well for a stockier dog I would appreciate some insight.

Thanks fellas.

-Matt
harvey1b
hunter

Postby gunman » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:33 am

Here ya go..............

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:40 am

thanks gunman. to get the chest to fit the waist is way too big and the part where the front legs go through didn't fit either. are the Cabela's a good model? Maybe I should try those.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby gunman » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:46 am

Sure you don't have it on backwards? LOL :laughing:

serously though, I have been on the verg of buying one my self so I can't tell you first hand. Acouple guys on here have purchased them lately and i'm sure they will chim in with there likes and dis likes....but personally i'm thining of the Neoprene Flotation Vest with Armor-Flex™ Chest Protector from Cabela's. See it here...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... sults1.jsp
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby gunman » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:54 am

Hey harvey, check out the link I posted, and scroll down they have an informative video on the dog vest that will answer and solve all your problems......well dog vest ones anyhow :mrgreen: let us know if you have any questions.....
--------------------
gunman
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum