ABC news 'Clean up teams having trouble'...

A place to discuss major environment issues, from the Gulf oil spill to extreme floods.

Moderators: Indaswamp, Dep6, #1wingnut, Smackaduck

ABC news 'Clean up teams having trouble'...

Postby don taylor » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:47 am

Finding the oil? Rush is reporting that ABC has spoken to clean-up crews and they are having a hard time locating oil slick to clean.

What's the word? Are they packing up soon?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Re: ABC news 'Clean up teams having trouble'...

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:35 pm

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/07/louisiana_authorities_report_o_15.html
http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/07/st_bernard_parish_fighting_tar.html

And here is yesterdays ROFFS satelite photo:
http://roffs.com/deepwaterhorizon.html
If you look at the photo-the oil has broken up into smaller pools and is all the way to the Keys...there is still quite a bit around the mouth of the river though.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:40 am

So.. Are there too many clean up teams working the gulf? Are the feds keeping all this going at a feverish rate to increase BP's tab? Keep people in (artificial) jobs? It appears they have people scouring the gulf and looking, just in case they find some, but they aren't finding the mass ecological disaster they were expecting. I've seen the pics of the pelicans in the box covered in oil, but I don't know how sensationalized it is. Honestly, its because I haven't watched the news on TV in over a year.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:26 am

don taylor wrote:So.. Are there too many clean up teams working the gulf? Are the feds keeping all this going at a feverish rate to increase BP's tab? Keep people in (artificial) jobs? It appears they have people scouring the gulf and looking, just in case they find some, but they aren't finding the mass ecological disaster they were expecting. I've seen the pics of the pelicans in the box covered in oil, but I don't know how sensationalized it is. Honestly, its because I haven't watched the news on TV in over a year.

the clean up crews will not be scaled back until the well is killed either from the new top kill attempt that will start in about a week-or from the bottom kill...they are about to reach the well-bore with the relief well.
I'm sure there are clean up crews walking the beaches to the east of LA. in miss, al, and fla. that are not finding oil...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ohio mike » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:04 pm

So Inda is this a bright spot that says things aren't as bad as first thought?That would be nice.Those of us in the Northern Mississippi Flyway sent a lot of ducks to Vacation in LA.
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:13 pm

ohio mike wrote:So Inda is this a bright spot that says things aren't as bad as first thought?That would be nice.Those of us in the Northern Mississippi Flyway sent a lot of ducks to Vacation in LA.

as long as we don't get hit with a hurricane, the impact on the ducks should be minimal now that the gusher has been halted till the relief wells are finished... i'll breathe a lot easier when the well is cemented in and capped permanently.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby hogfan88 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:29 am

Indaswamp wrote:
ohio mike wrote:So Inda is this a bright spot that says things aren't as bad as first thought?That would be nice.Those of us in the Northern Mississippi Flyway sent a lot of ducks to Vacation in LA.

as long as we don't get hit with a hurricane, the impact on the ducks should be minimal now that the gusher has been halted till the relief wells are finished... i'll breathe a lot easier when the well is cemented in and capped permanently.

Indas:
Did you hear about the government payin farmers in 8 different states to flood a total of 150000 acres and not hunt it to try to keep the ducks from coming to the marsh. The farmers who get accepted will get paid $45 per acre to flood thier rice and not hunt it.
hogfan88
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:11 am

hogfan88 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Indas:
Did you hear about the government payin farmers in 8 different states to flood a total of 150000 acres and not hunt it to try to keep the ducks from coming to the marsh. The farmers who get accepted will get paid $45 per acre to flood thier rice and not hunt it.

yea- i heard. ducks will still come...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Major Environmental Issues