Global Warming Skepticism

A place to discuss major environment issues, from the Gulf oil spill to extreme floods.

Moderators: Indaswamp, Dep6, Smackaduck

Re: Global Warming Skepticism

Postby beretta24 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:53 am

FamilyMan wrote:Spinner we will just have to agree to disagree.

I firmly believe, as consumers we are changing the climate. (As you do too.)

I believe also believe, whether we perceive this change as positive or negative, that we should not be able to force climate change across the globe. Wars have been started for a lot less.

Then do you propose war with China since they are creating more greenhouse gases than the US? By your logic, or lack thereof, they are forcing more harm on others than anyone else.
beretta24
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:32 pm

I am saying there is a potential risk moving forward whether it be the U.S., China, etc.

Science claims we are causing change. The forced change upsets people, does it not?
FamilyMan
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:24 pm

FamilyMan wrote:I am saying there is a potential risk moving forward whether it be the U.S., China, etc.

Science claims we are causing change. The forced change upsets people, does it not?

Some science "claims" that and other "science" does not.

I'm guessing there's been climate change since before there was science.
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Majority of science, I should say.
FamilyMan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:46 pm

FamilyMan wrote:Majority of science, I should say.

So now we shouldn't do anything that upsets people?
beretta24
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:08 pm

FamilyMan wrote:I am saying there is a potential risk moving forward whether it be the U.S., China, etc.

Nope. Science claims we are increasing atmospheric CO2 concentrations. There is some evidence that may be the case. What is certainly NOT proven is that the planet is warming because of it, or the extent to which it will warm. The alarmists have likely overstated the warming by quite a bit. The data used to prove that warming is suspect and prone to confirmation bias and manipulations.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:10 pm

People are still wearing tin foil hats?

Folks, it is fact. Do some research.
FamilyMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:15 pm

FamilyMan wrote:People are still wearing tin foil hats?

Folks, it is fact. Do some research.

:lol3: :lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:38 pm

FamilyMan wrote:Spinner we will just have to agree to disagree.

I firmly believe, as consumers we are changing the climate. (As you do too.)

I believe also believe, whether we perceive this change as positive or negative, that we should not be able to force climate change across the globe. Wars have been started for a lot less.

And you think forcing such massive economic change will not risk war :huh:

FamilyMan wrote:Science claims we are causing change. The forced change upsets people, does it not?

So the solution is to force bigger more noticeable change on them as opposed to the imperceptible change. :huh:

So we piss a lot of people off to prevent the possibility of pissing off some people that don't have the resources to do anything about it if they happen to get pissed off and should be pissed at the dysfunctional government and society that causes them to suffer far more than the change forced on them by every human being on the planet for the last decades.
In those ignorant times, it was not understood, that the profits of merchants are a subject not taxable directly; or that the final payment of all such taxes must fall, with a considerable overcharge, upon the consumers.
Adam Smith
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Science claims we are increasing atmospheric CO2 concentrations. There is some evidence that may be the case.

There is absolutely no doubt that CO2 is rising and it is from burning fossil fuels. None.
In those ignorant times, it was not understood, that the profits of merchants are a subject not taxable directly; or that the final payment of all such taxes must fall, with a considerable overcharge, upon the consumers.
Adam Smith
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Spinner, just because they don't have the resources it doesn't mean they should be treated with less respect.
FamilyMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:28 pm

FamilyMan wrote:Spinner, just because they don't have the resources it doesn't mean they should be treated with less respect.

How is forcing them to pay more for energy respectful, especially when they have less?

Nice try going from we have to do it for fear of war because of imperceptible change caused by every human on the planet and ignoring the risk of war from the forced harm of higher energy prices.

Assuming they will not have resources for the next century is disrespectful. Imposing higher energy costs on those that it will do the most harm is disrespectful.

You want to impose upon them, but your imposition is yoirs so it is risk free and harm free or at least negligibly so in your mind despite the massive science to the contrary.
Adam Smith
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby FamilyMan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:37 am

Yes, I think you can see the massive problem/choice that we face in the future.

Can you imagine if just some of the emerging countries started living our lifestyle?
FamilyMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:25 am

FamilyMan wrote:Yes, I think you can see the massive problem/choice that we face in the future.

Can you imagine if just some of the emerging countries started living our lifestyle?

I see many massive problems being solved to enable them to live our lifestyle.

Not living any where near as well as they could IS THE PROBLEM.

This is the problem the Bush administration took seriously. It is not one that the Obama administration takes seriously or they are seriously clueless. I do not believe Obama sees these people as equal individuals but as statistical abstractions.
Adam Smith
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:43 am

http://energy.mit.edu/publication/low-carbon-energy-economy-workshop-report/

If you download the report, this covers a broad spectrum of the challenges of a low carbon future.

You also need to read between the lines in many of this because these are committed advocates in most cases so they often minimize what are huge challenges or have incredible societal implications.

For example
There are significant technical, economic, and policy challenges to achieving large scale, sustainable biofuel production.
Essentially, we must now redesign U.S. and world agricultural systems to produce biofuels, food and animal feeds, and also provide large-scale environmental services.

No risk there in redesigning world agricultural systems. No chance of breaking these incredibly complex systems that have been developed over thousands of years of human history. No examples of countries doing this with catastrophic results.

And that means you must give that power to do so to some small body of people.

It is a good read so far. I've only looked over a fraction of the report, but I attended the entire workshop and what I have read so far has been a pretty good summary.
Adam Smith
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:54 am

Fake News:
http://www.npr.org/2013/02/02/170779528/the-inconvenient-truth-about-polar-bears

Real News:
Polar bear populations have raised 20% in the last 10 years.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby MinneKans » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Just curious, how many of you don't believe the climate is warming?
MinneKans
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:27 pm

MinneKans wrote:Just curious, how many of you don't believe the climate is warming?

Of course it is, it is spring time. Warms a little every day on average. :yes:
Adam Smith
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:12 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
MinneKans wrote:Just curious, how many of you don't believe the climate is warming?

Ask a serious question, get a stupid response from the most educated-yet-still-stupid one on the site. Why is that?
"Chill Dude, these guys think the public pool and playground are communist plots"s - BBD2
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
Republicans take care of big money, for big money takes care of them ~ Will Rogers
E PLURIBUS UNUM
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:44 am

dudejcb wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Ask a serious question, get a stupid response from the most educated-yet-still-stupid one on the site. Why is that?

What about my post before that go read the report I linked.

I am one of the attendees of that workshop. It is some scary things some of these people are talking about. These things are doomed. The things not doomed are doomed for political reasons from the rasicals like you.
Adam Smith
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Spinner - dude and bdd2 don't pine for your approval but rather your attention. That in itself is telling.

And yes, it does seem to get warmer everyday this Spring, thank God! In fact, I bet summer is even warmer! :thumbsup:
Cabela's Worlds FARCEMOST Outfitter
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby dudejcb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Last edited by dudejcb on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Chill Dude, these guys think the public pool and playground are communist plots"s - BBD2
Republicans take care of big money, for big money takes care of them ~ Will Rogers
E PLURIBUS UNUM
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:08 pm

dudejcb wrote:Image
[urlhttp://gizmodo.com/what-the-us-will-look-like-when-your-poor-kids-get-old-1784394982][/url]

Not sure exactly what this is suppose to prove other than manipulation of the temperature data.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Not sure exactly what this is suppose to prove other than manipulation of the temperature data.

How very open minded of you. Maybe your just whistling in the dark.
E PLURIBUS UNUM
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:46 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Not sure exactly what this is suppose to prove other than manipulation of the temperature data.

How very open minded of you. Maybe your just whistling in the dark.

Seriously, there is NO KEY with that gif.

Post the key and it might convey some information, otherwise it's just a bunch of neat colors.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Major Environmental Issues