Global Warming Sources Found

A place to discuss major environment issues, from the Gulf oil spill to extreme floods.

Moderators: Indaswamp, Dep6, #1wingnut, Smackaduck

Global Warming Sources Found

Postby tucker301 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Turns out that much of the global warming is caused by the the fact that the Wall Street Journal and The daily Mail's pants are on fire.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2012/01/30/while-temperatures-rise-denialists-reach-lower/

The WSJ OpEd makes a lot of hay from having 16 scientists sign it, but of those only 4 are actually climate scientists. And that bragging right is crushed to dust when you find out that the WSJ turned down an article about the reality of global warming that was signed by 255 actual climate scientists. In fact, as Media Matters reports, more of the signers of the WSJ OpEd have ties to oil interests than actually publish peer-reviewed climate research.
tucker301
hunter

Re: Global Warming Sources Found

Postby Buffler » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:36 pm

But, what can I do?
Ahhh crap.
Buffler
hunter

Postby trowlan1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Temperature graph of last 500,000 years, for comparing your graph of the last 20 years......just saying. It is sorta interesting that the temperature has peaked much higher than where we are today. Hmm....it almost looks like there is some sort of natural cycle at work here.... Reason to be concerned???

trowlan1
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:04 pm

trowlan1 wrote:Temperature graph of last 500,000 years, for comparing your graph of the last 20 years......just saying. It is sorta interesting that the temperature has peaked much higher than where we are today. Hmm....it almost looks like there is some sort of natural cycle at work here.... Reason to be concerned???

Where were you the last time it was 200 degrees in the shade? How was it?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby trowlan1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:41 pm

dudejcb wrote:
trowlan1 wrote:Temperature graph of last 500,000 years, for comparing your graph of the last 20 years......just saying. It is sorta interesting that the temperature has peaked much higher than where we are today. Hmm....it almost looks like there is some sort of natural cycle at work here.... Reason to be concerned???

Where were you the last time it was 200 degrees in the shade? How was it?

What are you talking about??? :huh: The temperature range is 4 deg. Celsius above the current average temp, to about 8-9 deg Celsius below the current temperature....If you are speaking of the scale on the left, that is Carbon Dioxide Concentration....Temperature is on the right.
trowlan1
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:40 pm

Those are mean temperatures, and a 3 or 34 degree mean temperature change is significant.

Yes, atmospheric temperatures have trended very high and very low over the millenia. The important difference is that the last time thems went signficanlty one way or the other, there weren't 7 billion of us jammed onto the high ground to enjoy it together.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:48 pm

This source calls global warming a hoax-

http://www.wnho.net/global_warming.htm
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Global warming is "a hoax". It's natural and it's going to happen. Give it a few years and we'll be on the down-side of the cycle and wall-street will be selling ice-coats.

In the 1970's the scientists were saying that we were about to enter an ICE-AGE...I know. I was there...the newspapers said, "ICE AGE IMMINENT". Funny how it all reversed in only 35 years.

Now I suppose they'll be selling shade-suits and cooling packs around December 21...you know, in case we have a heat-wave and drought on Christmas.

Also you need to buy lots and lots of duct tape and plastic...just in case the terrorists attack with chemical weapons during the Christmas heat-wave. LOL

By the way...GO GREEN!
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:13 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

This kinda messes up everything.
aunt betty

Postby dudejcb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:25 pm

there are always those who will take the opposite take on any issue. So what?

The fact is the ice caps and glaciers are disappearing. Our weather patterns seem a bit different. We enjoyed a very pleasant Junuary this year in Idaho. And the tornado season seems to have arrived early this year.

yeah you're right. Everything is hunky dory. It'll be dark soon--time to start whistling.

Aunt Betty, did you hear about the Global Shading theory/phenomena that was somewhat validated following 9/11?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:09 pm

This explains it quite well and the catchy toon will be in your head the rest of the day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqc7PCJ-nc&feature=fvst
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:11 pm

HOW did they get a graph of the temps for the last half-million years?
Al Gore?

The thermometer was only invented at or around 1600 AD. The first person to put a 'scale' on one was :
The first person to put a scale on a thermoscope is variously said to be Francesco Sagredo[6] or Santorio Santorio[7] in about 1611 to 1613.

Is that just some kind of guess? They have ice cores...I know but the science of reading them is how old?
It was warm last winter...SO?
It was cold as **** the winter before.

Go buy a Prius NOW!
Buy some carbon credits while you're at it.
Buy a algae farm in the ocean too.
Buy a bicycle.
Buy a windmill.
Buy something green just because it's green.

Sick of hearing about it. We as individuals have no control over what the "corporate world" does. It's them, not me, not you.
Has anybody on this forum been alive 500 thousand years and can say, yeah, it was warm, then cold, then it was really hot, and then it got super freaking cold. I want to shoot something. :sniper:
aunt betty

Postby goldfish » Mon May 07, 2012 10:57 am

aunt betty wrote:Has anybody on this forum been alive 500 thousand years and can say, yeah, it was warm, then cold, then it was really hot, and then it got super freaking cold. I want to shoot something. :sniper:

I was. It got hot, I got hungry. Really hungry, but then the lizards all went away. Then it got cold, so I ate some furry critters. The ones with the long nose (really tasty) went the quickest because they were so tasty. Now I'm kind of out of big critters to eat, and I'm not as hungry but kind of looking for dessert so I've been making snow cones. Sorry if you all have misinterpreted where everything has been going.
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon May 07, 2012 4:44 pm

goldfish wrote:
I was. It got hot, I got hungry. Really hungry, but then the lizards all went away. Then it got cold, so I ate some furry critters. The ones with the long nose (really tasty) went the quickest because they were so tasty. Now I'm kind of out of big critters to eat, and I'm not as hungry but kind of looking for dessert so I've been making snow cones. Sorry if you all have misinterpreted where everything has been going.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a great reply. You rock! :grooving:

I just want to know if we're going to have a cold winter or not this year so I can get ready for duck season more better.lol
aunt betty

Postby cartervj » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Just imagine glaciers in the midwest

been warming for centuries

those silly cavemen started this :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby bubba57 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 pm

And to think! I've been blameing my older brother and his cosumption of beans and cornbread for global warming.
THE PRIDE OF HASKELL COUNTY OKLA.unknown in other parts of the world
"FLY YOU LEAD CARRIN BASTARD" ( My dad, 1919/1997)
bubba57
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:41 pm

IT'S THE DAMN COWS! They have to stop farting. Methane everywhere. If we just kill all the cows it will stop.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 am

Its how we raise animals and farming practices in general. I think global warming is BS. We are losing top soil and cancer is increasing. Why? Well when u use a bunch of chemicals to make food safe to eat b/c its raised like its a machine, theirs gonna be some side affects. I raise grass-fed beef cattle and we have actually been adding topsoil. Im not some huge liberal, I actually am somewhat conservative. When cows are raised in huge feed lots, well its just not how things were meant to be. They stuff em full of corn and fill em up with the roids. Its gonna suck for u guys who don't own farms when all the top soil is gone and farmers have to put a crap ton of fertilizer on their fields to get corn to grow. Food prices will sky rocket and the US will go into a major depression. Its funny how most people, not all, don't respect farmers, but think lawyers are the crap, well when food becomes scarce I really think people will have other issues. Not saying it will happen but something has got to change. Love how I got stuck in a creek duck hunting because farmers up here in WI till the land every fall after harvest. Yes that adds moisture to the soil but a lot of the top soil is lost due to the spring thaw. Makes u think about where the US is headed in the future.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Return to Major Environmental Issues