Pontoon Blind?

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Pontoon Blind?

Postby Small Block » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:24 pm

I'll turn 61 just before duck season opens this yr so i aint gettin any younger but still able to outwork most 20 yr olds. I like comfort when out in the field. Tell me what ya think of this. Modeled after some of my previous blinds that gave us the ability to cook, shoot, and sleep in comfort i think i'll try the pontoon program. A 24 footer should do the trick. 4'X8' shooting compartments on both ends with flip down doors. That will leave about 16-18 ' of space in the middle to have the cots and stoves and heaters and a place to shoot the bull on a slow day. A man cave if ya will. The Kara Hummers parked outside ready to use at anytime. The pontoon blind can be moved around the lease lake by a trolling motor and anchor where ya want it. One can also mount a larger motor on the back for the big lakes. I already have the aluminum clad styrofoam panels for the wall system. I guess i just need to get started. Give me some ideas guys....and gals.
Small Block
Small Block
hunter

Re: Pontoon Blind?

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Do you already have the pontoon? If not, I have a 24 ft that would be perfect for a remodel job like this and I'm looking to get rid of it without making a fortune on it.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby Small Block » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Carolina, the distance between us would be our only problem. No i dont have one yet. I see em in our area on Craigslist for $600-$700 for a 24 footer. All i need is a deck frame with two logs under it. No motor, rails, or furniture. I am excited about seeing this complete. Going to Springfield this weekend looking for some artillery netting.
Small Block
Small Block
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:42 am

Gotcha. Good luck with it and post some pics. Take a look at Jehlers pontoon. Quite nice.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting