Need Help

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Need Help

Postby juniorandgirl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

I live in San Antonio Texas and I just got into duck hunting and love it. I do not own a boat, but I can get one from the Army or Air Force bases in town, nor do I own a four wheeler. I work Wednesday through Sunday so some of the WMA's will not be open to hunting when I am able to go. Can any of you give me some leads on where I can go to do a DIY duck/goose hunt in the area? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Junior
juniorandgirl
hunter

Re: Need Help

Postby dcducks1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Do you have any public hunting areas close by? If you have access to the bases, do they allow hunting? Can you hunt evenings?
dc
dcducks1
hunter

Need Help

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Juniorandgirl, you may want to try posting your question in the Texas forum. You'll at least get views from people that are local to the area and in a better position to reply.
First off, we need to get our story straight.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Need Help

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 pm

I would recommend that you not go into the Texas forum and ask for spots though. You're new to duck hunting, but guys are extremely protective of the spots they have scouted and found on their own and not apt to share.

Ask for general advice, tips and tricks that a new guy needs to know, etc. if you're going to ask for help, you've got to show you want help that will allow you to figure it out on your own. Most guys aren't going to pass out info, just a heads up.

Good luck!
First off, we need to get our story straight.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting