Clorox jug dekes

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Clorox jug dekes

Postby gooseseeker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Guys,
Anyone ever use or know anyone that uses or used them? Looking for some mods to make them more realistic looking,any info. would be appreciated,THANKS,

GOOSESEEKER
gooseseeker
hunter

Re: Clorox jug dekes

Postby quackhead38 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:32 pm

id be interested in this too since i cant afford to go buy too many real dekes
"we kill things we don't understand"
quackhead38
hunter

Clorox jug dekes

Postby david95 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:43 pm

I've heard that a 2 liter coke bottle works great for a coot just paint it black and the top white heard it works good!
david95
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:11 pm

I used to when I was younger and just starting off. I used clorox and 2 and3 liter coke bottles. If its divers you are hunting you'll have no prblems with em. On the clorox jugs paint some black on em and your good to go. Same thing on the coke bottles black on both ends with a white ring around the middle. Early in the season these work great, the later it gets they don't work as good. I started repainting my old puddle ducks into divers about 10 years ago and imo thats the best way to go.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby Spunky » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:03 am

Yep they work especially well, the more wind the better. Even had Canada geese come in to them during a snow storm. Used them in a long line with the metal shower current hooks to hook them to the main line. Cheap and effective. You can add some water to them to get them down in the water when there is little or no wind. We used them on a point when we had to walk in. If we knew we would be back the next day just hauled them up on the shore and left them there. No big deal if someone took them.

We even used round balloons (white) and stuck a branch in the water and tied about 3 foot of line to it and than the balloon. The wind would blow the balloon making it look like ducks tring to jump the flock to get to the front. Works pretty good, only thing you'll have to replace the balloon every now and than because they would shrink in cold temps. The balloons worked really well when you had a nice easy breese with small burst of harder wind. The balloons would lift up and than flutter down, simulating birds rising and landing again. Used them in conjunction with the jugs.

Leave the bottom white and a patch through the middle white and the rest black. We used the small bricks that had holes in them and could run 15 jugs to a brick.
Spunky
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting