Wing Decoy DIY (kinda)

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Wing Decoy DIY (kinda)

Postby kennycannon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Ok so I had 2 of the mojo wind spinning things and unless I'm hunting in a cat 4 hurricane they don't work.

Movement in the decoys is key and I saw how well my friends electric mojo works but the battery packs are a pain to carry.

So here's what I did.

I took a 6 foot piece of PVC pipe. I got a T connection thing (whatever it's called) and put it on the top. I cut 2 pieces of PVC 12 inches long and ran paracord through it and tied a loop. I then attached two snap swivels on the paracord and clipped on the wings from the mojo wind duck.

They spin with the slightest breeze and really draw in ducks. I've only used them twice so far (just made them on Friday) but the ducks were drawn to it.
kennycannon
hunter

Re: Wing Decoy DIY (kinda)

Postby duckthug » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 pm

I can't follow how this rig works. Are you pulling a cord and the winks spin clock wise and wind up anouther so when you pull your cord again they spin counter clockwise? And the cycle repeats its self
duckthug
hunter

Postby cONG » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Do u have any photo
cONG
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 pm

cONG wrote:Do u have any photo

X2, post up a pic of what you created. Sounds interesting but I'm having a hard time visualizing what you did.
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby flight control » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:15 pm

My mental picture is two wings attached to snap swivels hanging off a piece of pipe. Is this what you did?

Sounds interesting, I would also like to see a picture if you have one.
When I die I hope its in a duck blind, that, or shot in the back climbing out of a jealous mans bedroom window.

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting