Homemade Sled

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Homemade Sled

Postby BroMan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:56 pm

I am wanting a sled to haul stuff with me across the marsh but I dont want to have to buy one, anybody have any ideas?
BroMan
hunter

Re: Homemade Sled

Postby LanceM » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 pm

I've been working on this idea myself. My buddy has a couple commercially made ones, but I'm too cheap for them. They sure are handy, though. I've been tinkering with the idea of mounting a plastic rubbermaid tote to a sled or piece of plastic... Anything that curls up in the front. The sides aren't a big deal, but the front needs some slope. I can't seem to find a kid's snow sled that would fit a rubbermaid tote yet. I'll post again if I get this figured out...
LanceM
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Go to Home Depot and get a concrete mixing pan.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Spunky » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:40 am

Go over to www.iceshanty.com and find the forum for equipment and you'll see some good ideas for making a sled. Ice fisherman are worst than duck hunters when it comes to hauling gear out that they don't use. :biggrin: Get a pair of skies and mount the tub right on them. They will stay on top of the snow and ice and lightens the drag. I used old water skies that I cut down and mounted a cement tub to it and can carry 2 dz. shells in it. The only time it gets rough is when the snow gets over a foot deep.
Spunky
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Do a search for duck hunting coffins. http://duckboats.net.nmsrv.com/specs/images/klamathcoffin.jpg Here's one maybe. If not, I've heard of people using the cement mixing tubs from Home Depot or Lowe's
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting