Duck Hunting Forum banner

Trip to canada

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  REM1100 
#1 ·
Planning a trip to Canada in September. Me and four buddies r going to freelance in Saskatchewan for 7 days. I have done a lot of research and looking for farmers to possibly house us. Any input or info on the trip at all would b great to here. My email is gremaudbrent@yahoo.com you can either post to this or email me. Thanks it's appreciated

#2 ·
Vacant farmhouses for short rentals are hard to find with the influx of oil workers even some motels in hot areas, however there are some rooming houses with a common kitchen for $30/hunter. I would search under motels Sask and then go to some major towns look up their website and they will have directory of accommodations. Most farmhouses that were available have been re-booked by hunting parties that return every year and are becoming scarce. A farmhouse has advantages as to a place to cook , clean birds, freeze birds and come and go when you feel like it and can have dogs. Motels cost about an average of $70 for double accommodation some s cheap as $55 and some as high as $85. I used to stay at a farmer's home as a guest the last 5 years but this year I'll be at a motel for $50 about 25 miles from my usual hunting grounds. Good luck finding a place as it may be tough for a party of five four might be easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.