Duck Hunting Forum banner

sled

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  O.D.Lid 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

So this past year i bought a deer car to carry my equipment into the field. Ive ran in some problems. Im wondering if anyone has use a ice fishing sled. For duck hunting?

#2 ·
Found out those carts don't work very good in mud did ya? I use carts and sleds depending on the area, Sleds work good in shallow water, snow, ice, etc. They don't work very good on grass or mud.

#8 ·
I think 70 would be great, talk about packing the mobile blind on the kayak!! Those accessories are pretty awesome too :beer:

#9 ·
wanapasaki said:
I think 70 would be great, talk about packing the mobile blind on the kayak!! Those accessories are pretty awesome too :beer:
Piece of burlap and your sled is your blind. There are other manufactureres out there, so check out other sites also. :thumbsup:
Also, in grass or mud, sleds aren't worth a crap either! But if you make a cart that uses the sled as a tray, then you would have both worlds.

#10 ·
Cujo1 said:
wanapasaki said:
Piece of burlap and your sled is your blind. There are other manufactureres out there, so check out other sites also. :thumbsup:
Also, in grass or mud, sleds aren't worth a crap either! But if you make a cart that uses the sled as a tray, then you would have both worlds.
I know what Im doing for early se3ason next year, thanks cujo! :beer:

#12 ·
Botiz630 said:
I
wanapasaki said:
I pull a few behing my kayak, work great!
I hunt out of a kayak a lot. Thought about pulling a sled but was afraid it would be too hard to tow. We probably paddle a half mile or more round trip, what do you think?
Botiz, you could pull 3 sleds with ease as long as your not headed into a strong wind. If you are, then it's a work out. Just don't put your gun in the sled lol

#13 ·
Botiz630 said:
I
wanapasaki said:
I hunt out of a kayak a lot. Thought about pulling a sled but was afraid it would be too hard to tow. We probably paddle a half mile or more round trip, what do you think?
I pull two sleds behind an elbow grease powered 16 ft canoe. 1/2 mile down a creek and then 100-300 yards out into the bay. You can't even tell they are back there. Biggest issue is paddling and maneuvering a 16 ft canoe alone

#14 ·
Nathan N said:
Botiz630 said:
I
wanapasaki said:
I pull two sleds behind an elbow grease powered 16 ft canoe. 1/2 mile down a creek and then 100-300 yards out into the bay. You can't even tell they are back there. Biggest issue is paddling and maneuvering a 16 ft canoe alone
LOL by yourself?! Do you sit in the middle or back?

#17 ·
wanapasaki said:
Nathan N said:
Botiz630 said:
I
wanapasaki said:
LOL by yourself?! Do you sit in the middle or back?
Yep solo :thumbsup: I use a kayak paddle and sit in the middle. No way I could do it with a regular paddle. I used to walk into this spot through mud and waist high weeds so paddling that canoe and sleds seemed like a gift from Heaven itself. I have two K-L Sport Sleds and they glide through the water very nicely. I put a Rig Em Right DP3 bag in each one with up to 4 dozen decoys each and you can't tell they are there. The tow ropes never even get tight.

#20 ·
#22 ·
I'm not sure of the measurements of mine. I just know I got the large one and it works awesome for me. Even better that its $15. I'd measure mine for ya but its at our camp. Check your local lowes store out

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I use Cabelas mag carts 21" punchure proof tires pull it through mud snow ice gravel dikes dirt roads i laugh at guys pulling sleds when they hit the road or gravel they really struggle. only real deep fresh snow (over 12") or deep mud sucks there is always salt grass or weeds we find to advoid the mud once there then you have paths/ruts for the way back to the truck. when the mud is frozen it is a breeze. iv'e been thinking how to attach skis to the wheels when needed you can pick them up for $100 bucks if you look picked one up for $75 in the bargin cave they can handle 500 lbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.