Vortex/ Rotary decoy

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Vortex/ Rotary decoy

Postby adv sask » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Has anyone here successfully recreated a vortex/rotary snow goose decoy apparatus ? Any help on building plans/ motor size would be appreciated.

Thanks
adv sask
hunter

Re: Vortex/ Rotary decoy

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:25 pm

adv sask wrote:Has anyone here successfully recreated a vortex/rotary snow goose decoy apparatus ? Any help on building plans/ motor size would be appreciated.

Thanks

There is a thread on here somewhere about it. You can use a wiper/window motor to build. Try a search it is here :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Re: Vortex/ Rotary decoy

Postby tenfingergrip » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Here's my re-creation of the vortex. I use mallards...the Air Lucky wind driven, but if there is a good spinning-wing snow, I'm sure it could be adapted.

http://s766.beta.photobucket.com/user/tenfingergrip/library/Daffy%20and%20Friend%20%20Homemade%20Vortex
tenfingergrip
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting