south dakota

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

south dakota

Postby kevinfoerster » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey guys,

I know this isn't exactly a build or a design issue, but it is a do it yourself project for me.

I'm new to this site, so I don't know if this topic has been beat to death or not, so please forgive me if it has. I'm trying to plan a trip with 2 other friends for this september up to south dakota for ducks and geese. We are looking at mainly the NE portion of the state, but honestly have never been there before. We have floaters, shells, and free standing decoys. They have an 18 foot john boat with a 50 horse motor, but we don't necessarily want to tow it all the way there. How is the duck hunting in the walk in areas on the farm ponds etc. Any help would be appreciated, I have no idea how to narrow down the area to 3 or 4 specific areas where we would want to get a hotel and scout from there.

So if you could point me in the right direction as far as walk in areas go and possibly other options please let me know.

Emails are welcome also as i know many people would not want to put any location information on a thread.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin
kevinfoerster
hunter

Re: south dakota

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Hey Kevin, I would recommend that you focus your questions and efforts in the South Dakota forum, those guys are going to be best able to answer any questions you might because they all live in South Dakota.

I can move this post over there for you if you'd like, just let me know.
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Re: south dakota

Postby don novicki » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 am

You realize it's a lottery for Non-Res's correct ? Pheasant's galore but if it's not public land, 9/10 times you will pay........
don novicki
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting