Feeder decoy

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Feeder decoy

Postby Lemonhead » Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Anyone made a feeder decoy with a bilge pump or areator pump?
Lemonhead
hunter

Re: Feeder decoy

Postby Cajun1085 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Hey man,

This was discussed already this week, but here is the link on how it is done step by step. I have not done it yet, but it is on my list. I have 2 store bought ones already.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/huntin ... sator.html
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Sun May 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks for the link
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Your welcome. If you build one, let me know how it turns out.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby PetriDuck » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Ive built 2 so far and in the process to making another two. The only have one suggestion..

For packing in and out of the blind, the 90 degree pvc attached to the bilge pump can be cumbersome.So instead, I just put a light coat of the 552 marine sealant on the nipple (or outgoing pump part) to create a tighter seal, and then drilled a small hole through to put a pin in it. Holds the 90 tight in there, easy to take apart and never had an issue.

Overall, ingenious idea and works great!
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby DrakeHunter21 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:49 pm

Cajun1085 wrote:Hey man,

This was discussed already this week, but here is the link on how it is done step by step. I have not done it yet, but it is on my list. I have 2 store bought ones already.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/huntin ... sator.html

I made two of these following the link, only things I did differently was used a mojo timer instead of a blinker so the pulses could be spread out a bit more and didn't use male or female connectors..wiring the mojo timer is "With the MOJO name facing you the wires are black-battery neg, red-battery pos., red - motor wire, black to on/off switch or black motor wire."
DrakeHunter21
Newb

Postby tenfingergrip » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 am

Lemon,
I made one from the instructions on Bloody Decks that are referenced in a couple of the above posts. It's been several years ago and the "frantic feeder", as I call it, is still working well. One thing I would recommend, that I did, is to wire the electrical cable to the little wire ring on the tab that is attached to the "dry box". This action takes the strain off the wiring connection at the box and allows you to use the wire to the battery to be the decoy line and the battery box to be the anchor.

You can see what I did on several of the pics of the project on the photobucket link below this picture:

http://s766.photobucket.com/user/tenfingergrip/library/
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby frydaddy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:26 am

I was about to get the stuff to buid one when I saw that mojo has one that is self contained, no wires or battery box needed fo 81 to 99bucks depending on where u get it> I figure it wld cost about 60 to 75 to make one and that's not counting decoy butt.
frydaddy
hunter

Postby teal12 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:35 pm

I made 2 quiver butt decoys by cutting the keel off of the decoys and gorilla gluing the lid of a quiver magnet to the bottom of the decoy so you can still unscrew it to change batteries and let it dry. They work great at addi NH ripples to the water and even motion to the decoys. They are totally self contained and run off A A batteries just like my light and MOJO so I always have extra batteries.
teal12
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting