Duck Hunting Forum banner

Opinions on my calls?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  DuckManClyde 
#1 ·
These are just two of my homemade duck calls, i would have added more but these are the only ones that havent sold. Both are white oak, and i used two echo inserts from their website.
If it helps, you can listen to them on my youtube channel ( link Below )

Opinions?
Critiques?
Any helpful info?

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
Honk-n-quack said:
Why don't you send me one and I'll try it out for you. :smile: I think they look pretty good :thumbsup:
i might be able to mail it, but id have to add the shipping cost to your total. ive never tried shipping before. usually i sell to people i can just bring it to them. :yes:

#4 ·
We only allow sponsors to advertise and sell their calls here. If you are just showing off your handy work that's fine but at the point you sell a call based on this post I'll have to take it down.

Our sponsors are the reason we are able to provide this website free of charge to our members. We have to respect them by requiring non sponsors to refrain from advertising and selling.

#5 ·
Botiz630 said:
We only allow sponsors to advertise and sell their calls here. If you are just showing off your handy work that's fine but at the point you sell a call based on this post I'll have to take it down.

Our sponsors are the reason we are able to provide this website free of charge to our members. We have to respect them by requiring non sponsors to refrain from advertising and selling.
Understood, it wasn't my intent to " advertise or sell ". I was just trying to get some opinions. If you feel the need to take it down, then do what you need to do so we don't have the misunderstandings in the future.

#8 ·
I'm sure they sound great, just like an Echo. Barrel size, shape, diameter has little to no effect on the tonal quality of a call. Only part the barrel plays is to focus the air.

#9 ·
The Duck Hammer said:
I'm sure they sound great, just like an Echo. Barrel size, shape, diameter has little to no effect on the tonal quality of a call. Only part the barrel plays is to focus the air.
Diameter cant change because the inserts wont fit lol. But the type of wood, and length of the barrel can change the call quite a bit. For instance, i can change the sound of an insert just by switching barrels. An extremely hard wood wont absorb as much vibration from a reed like a soft wood,so the call will sound less muffled and much more pronounced. Some changes are very subtle, but they're still important. Barrels; the longer the deeper the tone, the shorter the higher the tone/pitch. Just a couple basics of call making. :thumbsup: :beer:

#10 ·
Is this the infamous Clyde^^^

If it is, I surprisingly agree with him. The density of the wood you are using, wall thickness, and smoothness of your bore have good amount to do with your final sound.

#11 ·
WoodyWhiffingMG said:
Is this the infamous Clyde^^^

If it is, I surprisingly agree with him. The density of the wood you are using, wall thickness, and smoothness of your bore have good amount to do with your final sound.
yea its me...infamous huh? what exactly did i do to get that label???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.