Dyson vacuum

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Dyson vacuum

Postby ohioboy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Are they worth the scratch?
ohioboy
hunter

Re: Dyson vacuum

Postby akdiesel » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:28 pm

We have one, not really a huge fan of it. Doesn't do anything that any other vacuum can't do. Got the one thats supposed to do hard floors and carpet. When using it on the carpet if you bump something or run the wrong angle on the carpet that it doesn't like it makes a horrible noise and you have to stop and mess with it to get it to stop. We have had just about every high end vacuum. Hated Kirby with a passion, Rainbow was my favorite but takes up a lot of room.

Honkers- 7
BWT- 0.5
Doves- 42
akdiesel
hunter

Postby jpeterson117 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:50 pm

They last for about 2-3 years and then go to crap. Would never buy one again.
jpeterson117
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:06 pm

wow.

honestly not what i was expecting.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:57 am

Rainbow
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:52 am

ohioboy wrote:wow.

honestly not what i was expecting.

Yeah, I found those responses unexpected too. My wife and I have had one for almost 5 years now and love it. We have never had any issues. We got the purple one that is supposed to help with animal fur. I also like how easy the arm hose comes out and extends and all of the little adapters. I use it to clean my car out in the garage all the time.

I think it does a great job but I will admit that it probably is on par with other good high end vacuums out there.
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 am

Oh, and once every year to year and a half I do a thorough cleaning of the vacuum and take out and clean all the filters. I personally think that it helps a ton!
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 am

Used one for 5 years with 2 labs and a britt ib the house. No problems and worked great.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby PassinthruOutdoors » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:13 pm

We just bought our second Dyson - Another animal. First one last 10 years and still works but we broke some parts off it and my old shorthair had peed on it a few times - wife got feed up. she looked at others but came right back to the dyson. Does a great job cleaning, easy to take care of and as said before make sure to clean out the filters and such once in a while. GSP and two labs, no complaints with this vaccum at all.
PassinthruOutdoors
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:36 am

On 8yrs with our first one, the Animal, MIL bought a Rainbow or Kirby's when we bought this, bragged to high heaven on it, then her and the wife went to clean a friends house, you could physically see the difference in the two, MIL sold the whatever and now has the Animal.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:59 am

Got one. Dyson that is.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:05 pm

There are other name brand vacuums out there with “cyclonic” suction, at half the price or less. Save your money.
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:15 pm

ohioboy wrote:Got one. Dyson that is.

And cleaning is my thing, so those filters will be spotless.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Next I am going to pick out curtains..... :lol3:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby quanah labs » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:58 pm

They are worth every penny when you consider everything. They have all kinds of sucking power although that's not what really makes them great because most high end vacs can do about the same. Where they shine is in there long term savings.

1) they are bagless, so you never have to buy them ( and bags are expensive)

2) like all vacs they have filters, but the Dyson filters can be washed and reused so you never have to buy replacement filters ( filters are expensive)

3) they really don't lose suction either when they are almost full unlike most vacs.

4) they are durable, I have one that has been working flawlessly for 10yrs!

5) that awful sound they make when you suck up something is a cluth inside the head that prevents the belt from breaking, so you will never have to replace a belt.

6) and when bought at sears, they come with a 5yr warranty!

So when you consider that they start out great and aren't designed to nickel and dime you like all other brands are its a no brainer for me.

I own a Sears store and have been selling them for about 10 yrs, and believe me I have learned to only try to sell merchandise that lasts otherwise I will certainly here about it!

FYI we have one of the basic models on sell right now for $250! Just don't get it at Walmart! They can't service it ( if needed) like sears can!

Sorry for the long sales pitch but I've finally found a thread on this site that makes me feel like an expert.
Hunt like your hungry
quanah labs
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting