Blind build in water

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Blind build in water

Postby pbmaniac22a » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi, i recently managed to find a place to build a blind. The spot right now is covered in lily pads and in about 2 to 1 foot of water. I have been searching for ways to build a blind here and I have a few ideas. I was just wondering if anybody has done this before and can give me some ideas. I am thinking of driving down about 6 to 8 4x4 then drilling plywood around them. Any advice from you guys would help a lot.
pbmaniac22a
hunter

Re: Blind build in water

Postby neon58 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:12 pm

You need to figure out how much the water typically fluctuates so you don't wind up with your platform under water. Another thing if you have to chop or cut out a hole in the lilypads don't cut it so big that edge of it is at the outer limit of gun range or farther. Trust me the birds will typically work the edge you might as well make that edge firmly in your wheelhouse. You don't want to be chasing cripples in lilypads. If at all possible I would make a hole behind the blind and completely fill it with decoys and put fewer decoys in front with plenty of open water where you want to shoot. Also try to keep your blind shaped like a beaver mound if you can. My .02 worth. :beer:
neon58
hunter

Re: Blind build in water

Postby jscheirer » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Have you ever thought about making a floating blind? Find a couple big barrels secure them in place with a frame and then build around there. I would not build very high if it were me making this. Unless you had a boat blind attached to the back securely because that could help with stability. Good luck
jscheirer
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting