Cheap Mojo remote installed...

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Cheap Mojo remote installed...

Postby slayer73 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Hey guys I have 2 mojos that I bought remotes for off ebay and I would like to make it so they both shut off with one remote. Has anyone done this yet? Help would be great! Thanks!

BTW I walked out to 50yds with these remotes and it still worked with just letting the antena wire hang out of the compartment...works great!
slayer73
hunter

Re: Cheap Mojo remote installed...

Postby APOSTLE » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:11 am

Post a link to the remote
APOSTLE
hunter

Postby slayer73 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400290822894?ss ... 1439.l2649

Here is a message I got from the seller on the remotes:

hi, each originally set is program with random frequency code so they would not interfere with another set nearby, but if you want your future purchase be able to work with your previous purchase, in order to do that, we will need to retrieve the code from your old set, so we can duplicate it over to a new set. to retrieve the code we will need couple clear photos off your remote control key fob (inside the pc board, front and back, not the cover), if you can email that over to me, i should be able to duplicate the code on any new set you ordered. one very important thing, when you place a new order, make sure to include a note stating your request so we can process it differently, if we didn't see any note with your order, our shipping guy will ship it out as usual and you will get a different coded set. regards

- msd-inc
slayer73
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:10 am

So how do these work is there sumthing you place before the battery. And why does the the add have 2 remotes
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby slayer73 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:28 pm

It doesn't have a plug in like the mojo switch box does, you have to wire it in. I took the mojo jumper off and then pulled the 4 wires out of the plugin. I then went by the directions that come with the switch and solder the wires up. Works good, just would like to have both mojos on one remote. There is no specific reason for 2 remotes, just in case kind of thing.
slayer73
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:40 pm

MSI is garbage. Their remotes blow. They have been referred from other members from the forum and Mojo owners have nothing but trouble. I got one of five to work on a Lucky Ducky. Lasted the season and done. You will have to splice, strip and heat sink or crimp. It is not plug n play.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby DrakeHunt3r » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:16 am

^ Agree with KillerKowalski, MSI is garbage i wired one up for my Mojo last season and i finally go so fed up with it i took it out. Its designed for a car and it reflects it. Unless you are putting your Mojo 20 ft from you i wouldnt bother. It also has an EXTREMELY difficult time tripping the relay when the battery is less than fully charged. I tried to open up the remote to see if i could solder an extender antenna on to no avail. I hate to admit it but the "Official" Mojo remote might be worth the money. No one likes problems in the swamp.
DrakeHunt3r
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Same FOB I got. Turn's on at a good distance 50' or so i guess. But I have to be 5' away to turn the dam''n thing off. I just wanted to turn it off when ducks are setting up. Yes I added some antenna.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jpeterson117 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:24 pm

greenster wrote:Same FOB I got. Turn's on at a good distance 50' or so i guess. But I have to be 5' away to turn the dam''n thing off. I just wanted to turn it off when ducks are setting up. Yes I added some antenna.

I had the same issue last year with the one I purchased last year. I took it out for this season.
jpeterson117
hunter

Postby chrisss » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:51 pm

So what's a good remote besides mojos?
chrisss
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:25 am

I have researched everywhere and can't find one.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby IH8ATTN » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:24 pm

I used this one from MSD so far no problems at all and it can be turned on and off at a far distance. I even put a coat hanger to the antenna wire in the mojo just for the hell of it but even without it, works like a charm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6V-DC-LONG-RANG ... 5d4464e06f
IH8ATTN
hunter

Postby duckr68 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:33 pm

this will work buy as many as you like they all have same freq. 100 meter range.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-6V-6-V ... 3cce5c5b48
duckr68
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting