UV vision

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

UV vision

Postby bubbasblazer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 pm

I was thinking of repainting a few decoys, is the UV vision paint worth the money or is it s gimmick?
bubbasblazer
hunter

Re: UV vision

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Who knows? We seem to kill a lot of birds over decoys with regular paint.... :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:10 am

Nope.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby wraithen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:34 pm

I used it and my crappy looking converted foam dekes seemed to attract more birds than my buddies store bought plastic ones that were newish. That being said, it took me hours with an airgun and the paint was super expensive. I doubt I'd use that stuff again. And while the kit says it is ready to use in an airgun, that is a BOLD FACED LIE! I had a terrible time getting the white and the green to work. (The green has a lot of flake to it.)
wraithen
hunter

Postby WesB » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:34 am

And the only color that is even UV reflective is the white(maybe one other), I used it to repaint deeks and it didn't flare birds,lol. I do like the white for touching up my spinner wings and what not though.
WesB
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting