Tent as a blind on a small barge?????

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Tent as a blind on a small barge?????

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 am

Has anyone ever used a camo painted to look like a big boulder and otherwise modified Tent as a blind on a small barge????? Say 8' x 14' size
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Re: Tent as a blind on a small barge?????

Postby MarkM » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:56 am

What about on windy days, wouldn't it push the sides in and make it move around?
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:02 pm

I suppose it would but if it were used for a sub "frame" and covered with mud, fibreglass, or any material that would harden it and add camo it would certainly cut the flapping down even eliminate it. I'm just curious and asking if anyone has had any experience with this type of construction. Any marsh or woods I have been in comes alive with moving objects on a windy day however I hear what you are saying and I don't know, hence the question.

Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:06 pm

To me I would think it would stand out to much, unless you were near a bank with large rocks/debris piles near it.

Interesting idea though honestly....
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:09 pm

I was hoping to make it look somewhat like the big rocks/rock piles that stick up in the marsh or a big beaver lodge
Lost
lostknife4
hunter

Postby loon » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:48 am

Not sure about a barge but my turkey blind doesn't really move much in a Strong wind it's the smaller double bull blind and I often set it in wide open fields where the wind is strong . It would have to be modified of course .
loon
hunter

Location: greenbay wisconsin on my back laying out on the bay

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting