Duck Hunting Forum banner

Post Your Decoy Trailer Setup Pictures

44K views 47 replies 30 participants last post by  UncleTork 
#1 ·
I sent Chris an email asking him if we could get a section for field decoy trailers and he created this right away. Lets see what you guys use to shoot fowl in the fields. Post up the pictures of those decoy trailers to share ideas!

Maybe even make this thread a sticky?

#9 ·
Papachessie said:
War Wagon said:
Here is the War Wagon.... :hi:
What are the pool noodles for?
Ramp cable gaurds I'd bet. Seen a lot of skinned up shins and muddy faces from guys tripping over them at zero dark thirty! :lol:

#10 ·
2011 Ferocity 6x12 with a two foot V-nose. Ive got 3 dz. GHG FFD's in bags, 2 dz GHG prograde shells in a 6slot bag, 1 dz G&H shells, 1 dz Big Foots, 6 Dakota's, 2.5 dz GHG Full Body Mallards in bags and 1 dz GHG mallard shells. Plus 6 layout blinds and all the other things I could possibly need in the field. Still have room for about another 2-3 dz geese.

Attachments

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here was a post on Decoy Trailer flood lights that folks have been interested in installing on their trailers. Should be appropriate for this forum. They rotate down for in-use and rotate up and out of the way when not in use.

click to enlarge pictures
Trailer flood lights 0011.jpg

Trailer flood lights 0013.jpg

Trailer flood lights 0016.jpg

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=201163&start=0#p1791760

You can probably see in the pics, I installed several steel rods across the trailer, 3 to seperate the front door area from the back, to run in and support a minicycle to use after parking the van/trailer to return back to the goose field. Also installed a rod at the back for hanging all my clothes and secure the hangers with a split in half of a piece of 2 inch pvc, held down on top of the hangers with strips of double-sided velcro to keep the hangers from jumping off the rod. I bungee the clothes down against the wall between 2 eye screws. Also, lots of hanging hooks all along the top of the walls and two handicap bars on the inside walls to support layout blinds bungeed to the walls. Installed half inch firring strips on one side of the floor with eye screws the width of the base of coolers and the height of the handicap bars is just high enough for two stacked coolers fit under. I bungee the coolers down between the handicap bar and the firring strip which keeps the coolers from sliding on the floor.

Attachments

#23 ·
GooseHunter131 said:
Here is my trailer. Plenty big for me. I run 5 doz G&H mag sleeper shells up front and 5 doz full body ducks in bags in the aisle on the floor.
Love the organization!

Nice trailers everyone! :thumbsup:

#24 ·
It makes getting in and out of the field a breeze. The motion decoys sit on 3" pieces of PVC pipe. The hole in the decoy slides over them and fits nice and snug. For the foot bases, they are just bungeed in. They dont move either. Very simple and inexpensive set up to do. I had bags at one point, but cant stand them. I think my decoys took more abuse of rubbing together being in bags. With this here, there arent any decoys that rub together and makes set up and take down very quick.

#25 ·
Here's how I set up my trailer. You can't really see but there is a bulk wall in front and I put all of my fullbody gees up there. It's the v nose and goes to about a foot or so behind the side door. I use trash compactor bags to protect them.
My trailer is a 7'x16' v-nose tandem axle.

Attachments

#26 ·
Here are a few... 6 x 12... Can haul 7 doz full body honkers on the hinged shelves, 4 1/2 doz full body lessers, stacked in 6 slotted bags in-between the hinged shelves and the shelves in the front of the trailer, and 4 doz honker shells under the lessers and shelves in the front of the trailer... Also have room for two dog blinds, my blind, snow covers, tools, hunting clothes/waders, flags, decoy stands, etc...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.