Ideas for trailer

A place to talk about decoy trailer setups and ideas.

Ideas for trailer

Postby Boomstck63 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Does anyone have any good storage ideas or setups for the inside of the trailer.
Boomstck63
hunter

Re: Ideas for trailer

Postby War Wagon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:16 am

War Wagon
hunter

Postby hanover hydro » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:39 pm

That's how I'm doing mine. Best system I've seen yet.
hanover hydro
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:17 am

Something I did to mine many, many years ago and have continued the practice on 4 subsequent trailers is to mount a steel pipe of about 1 1/2" OD at the back and top of the trailer in order to hang our hunting and casual clothes onto for our trips. We simply pull the hunting clothes from the closet, hang them on the rack, slide them over against the wall of the trailer and bungee them against the wall. I have a split a piece of pvc (2.5 foot) to cover the tops of the hangars on each side and secure the pvc to the pipe with strips of double sided velcro glued to the pvc. This keeps the hangars from jumping off the rod during travel. It is a lot more convenient to 1) not have to unhang the clothes to pack, 2) not have to unfold and hang clothes when you get to your destination 3) use the 'pain in the arse' hangars in motels 4) and rehang clothes after the trip. It's easier to find the clothing you want to wear when you can see them hanging rather than try to fish thru a bag full of packed clothes. Only thing I have in my bag is underwear and socks. No wrinkled clothes.

Try it, you'll like it. Just make sure you place it so the back door will close. Also mount it high enough so you don't crack your head ( from experience)!
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:31 am

No more bagging decoys was the motivation for hanging them on the walls . We just pull them off the walls and pile them on the decoy cart . With one guy pulling the cart and one guy setting decoys we can empty the trailer pretty fast.

JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:35 pm

How would you put all of these on the wall ? This is only 1/2 of the Big Foots we put out.
Attachments
Big Foot Goose Decoys  #1.JPG
100 Big Foot Decoys
War Wagon
hunter

Postby Justin300mag » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 pm

War Wagon wrote:How would you put all of these on the wall ? This is only 1/2 of the Big Foots we put out.

Use a higher quality decoy and you can reduce the size of your spread by 75%
Justin300mag
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:50 pm

War Wagon wrote:How would you put all of these on the wall ? This is only 1/2 of the Big Foots we put out.

It would no doubt take a pretty good size trailer just to haul all those dekes much less hang them . I can hang right at 5 doz FFD`s . A mix of Avery `s and Avians . The Bigfoots just took up to much of my wall space so I am back to bagging them .
That is no doubt quite a spread you put out . But you can never have out to many decoys, till it comes time to pick up.

War Wagon ; I went back and looked at the pics of your trailer . Nice . I`m sure it gets pretty full with a couple hundred Bigfoots . I`m guessing it`s in the 24 ft. range .
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:10 pm

I wish. It's a 16' trailer with a V Nose to make it 21'. Yes I can fit 200 BF's inside. I did not take a picture of them inside the trailer this year :mad: None of these BF's are flocked so we pile them up in the front of the rig.
War Wagon
hunter

Postby coruptone » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 am

Good God Man, How long dose it take you to get set up ?? :bow:
coruptone
hunter

Postby blackwagon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Love the conduit idea!!!
blackwagon
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:42 am

Check out Bag'em Outdoors, they are a sponsor on DHC.
Black Smoke
hunter

Return to Decoy Trailer Forum